Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My name is Emma. It's nice to meet everyone.

I was driving a 1993 Crown Victoria LX until a few months ago....I loved that cushy land-yacht, but everything went wrong at once and it wasn't worth the repairs. Fortunately, my grandparents bought a new 2014 Focus two weeks ago and sold me their 2007 Focus wagon for a ridiculously good price.

It's a Kiwi Green SE model with 94k, and pretty low on options. Power windows and locks were standard; they forwent the ABS/side airbag package. The only options they got were the auto transmission, cruise control, tilt/telescoping wheel, and the retractable cargo cover.

I actually love station wagons, and was thrilled to get this car. I would've been okay with a sedan or hatchback but I really like the extra cargo space and versatility that a wagon has to offer. I guess it's the 50s housewife in me....[8)]

I already have a short list of repairs that need to be done:

• The passenger side rear suspension is loud and squeaky even on flat pavement (wheel bearing?)
  • The brakes screech a bit
  • The black trim is fading to grey
  • There are some deep gouges in the windshield, it'll have to be replaced
  • The driver door's window frame vibrates at idle because it doesn't seal tightly to the weatherstripping
  • And there's a few expected dents and scrapes, but they're all fairly small.

Now, as far as mods I'd like to do:

• Color-keyed or chrome door handles (I know chrome isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I wouldn't be blinging out the car with stick-on chrome all over - I hate that look. I just like how the 08-11 Focuses look with chrome door handles).
  • Repaint/vinyl wrap the faded door pillars
  • Color-keyed heated/folding mirrors
  • Kenwood double-din radio (has been purchased and is waiting to be installed)
  • Ford stick-on remote keypad (has been programmed but not installed yet, it's been raining lately. I'll be painting the cover to match at some point).
  • Remote start
  • Leather wrapped steering wheel (the vinyl outer layer of the wheel rim is disintegrating and isn't pleasant to touch or look at)
  • Euro estate taillamps, or a conversion of the reverse lamps to combination amber reverse/turn signal lamps.
I don't have any pics yet but I will soon enough. I'm looking forward to my time here as a Focus owner. ^_^

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Let the mods begin!!!

Hello all,

My name is Emma. It's nice to meet everyone.

I was driving a 1993 Crown Victoria LX until a few months ago....I loved that cushy land-yacht, but everything went wrong at once and it wasn't worth the repairs. Fortunately, my grandparents bought a new 2014 Focus two weeks ago and sold me their 2007 Focus wagon for a ridiculously good price.

It's a Kiwi Green SE model with 94k, and pretty low on options. Power windows and locks were standard; they forwent the ABS/side airbag package. The only options they got were the auto transmission, cruise control, tilt/telescoping wheel, and the retractable cargo cover.

I actually love station wagons, and was thrilled to get this car. I would've been okay with a sedan or hatchback but I really like the extra cargo space and versatility that a wagon has to offer. I guess it's the 50s housewife in me....[8)]=[giddy]

I already have a short list of repairs that need to be done:

• The passenger side rear suspension is loud and squeaky even on flat pavement (wheel bearing?)That could be, I'd check the brakes while your there.
  • The brakes screech a bit= check the brakes, pads/rotors.
  • The black trim is fading to grey= great saturday morning project for someone.
  • There are some deep gouges in the windshield, it'll have to be replaced= hang out till winter is done.
  • The driver door's window frame vibrates at idle because it doesn't seal tightly to the weatherstripping= try putting the window down & tweak the door frame inward. How is the weather strip, also?
  • And there's a few expected dents and scrapes, but they're all fairly small. Get a Griots 6'' buffer, compound, polishes & go to town.

Now, as far as mods I'd like to do:

• Color-keyed or chrome door handles (I know chrome isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I wouldn't be blinging out the car with stick-on chrome all over - I hate that look. I just like how the 08-11 Focuses look with chrome door handles). Paint the door handles & rub strips= no chrome[thumb]
  • Repaint/vinyl wrap the faded door pillars
  • Color-keyed heated/folding mirrors= look for '05-'07 st or svt mirrors in the bst section.
  • Kenwood double-din radio (has been purchased and is waiting to be installed)
  • Ford stick-on remote keypad (has been programmed but not installed yet, it's been raining lately. I'll be painting the cover to match at some point).Do you have a remote key fob?
  • Remote start= ok
  • Leather wrapped steering wheel (the vinyl outer layer of the wheel rim is disintegrating and isn't pleasant to touch or look at)= theres another instance to look for a svt or a '05-'07 ST steering wheel[thumb]
  • Euro estate taillamps, or a conversion of the reverse lamps to combination amber reverse/turn signal lamps.= ok
I don't have any pics yet but I will soon enough. I'm looking forward to my time here as a Focus owner. ^_^
= you'll get them up, throw some in your profile album.

Let the mods begin[bootyshake][thumb][lockdance][grinking] [welcome] to [ffrocks]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome from another Michigan Newbie!

I don't even have mine yet. I pick up Thursday from NC and will drive it home. Totally rust free. [welcome]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Awesome & welcome to FF. Enjoy your trip!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts