Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Id like to offer a smiling hello from the other side of the fence! I drive a 2003 mazda Protege5 that i'm currently building as seeing as my FN4A-el is copy of the Focus 4F27E, I thought I'd lurk around a bit and see how the Ford guys are going. I've owned one ford in my life. Super comfortable, quick and massive 3.8L ESSEX Taurus...unfortunately it was short lived as the transmission decided to eat itself. I definitely look forward to chatting with you guys, as us Mazda guys are usually saying good things about the fords. We have quite a few probes over on the Mazda Forums and we're happy to have them.

I'm currently in a build process. Taking my FS-DE 2.0L and building a little monster, but I've come across some road blocks. First off...the transmission is an automatic. I'm having trouble finding the 23 spline input shaft from the Ford Racing Performance Parts division, as they've discontinued them...although the Torque Converters are still available aftermarket. Might anybody have any suggestions on how I might get my hands on one of these gems?

Also...do the auto guys have a differential option?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I don't have an automatic myself, do keep hearing about Lentec pieces to full trannies for ours.

I'll throw this whole into the zetec performance section for more looks, though you get some trans. talk in the forced induction section at times as well. Not as much in duratec performance.

We've got enough folks with Mazdas here that you should feel at home, and quite a few Subaru fanciers as well. Past that there's not much consensus on alternatives... Bein' able to swap parts with some Mazdas obviously makes them the most welcome - until recently 3's were very similar & I laughed at folks who liked them & didn't think much of the similar Focus. As if the same suspension is worlds apart once mounted under a different name plate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the reply and assistance.

I really love the look of the new focus...especially in yellow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I've been in contact with Lentech for about a week now and they can still make the 23 spline torque converter if the customer can supply a 23 spline input shaft and these things are straight unobtainable. I'm starting to feel a little defeated as I wouldn't even know how to get one custom machined as I've got no idea what the dimensions are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts