Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say new/old because I just bought a new Sterling Gray 2014 Focus Titanium hatchback, but I also owned a 2000 Focus SE until this year when a deer ran out in front of me and totaled it. That was heartbreaking, because not only was it a solid, dependable car, but my wife and I drove off form our wedding in it. [:(]

I recently became a traveling surgical tech and my first assignment is in Lakeport, CA. (I'm from Summerville, GA.) I got a brand new 2014 Focus SE hatchback as a rental, and after driving it on SR175 (a road considered the most difficult to drive in CA) and seeing how it handled it at high speed like a high-end sports car, I knew I had to have one. While home in GA for a week, I bought my Titanium, just the way I wanted it. Navigation, Sony sound, keyless remote start, the works. The only thing it doesn't have is auto-park (I wouldn't have used it anyway.) I bought it in GA because CA emissions automatically kills a few horsepower. It handles that crazy road even better, and I am absolutely in love with that car. I am considering buying the K&N air intake, and I was wondering if anyone has installed it and thinks it's worth the money.

I'm glad I found this forum, and I look forward to many years with my new baby. I plan to slowly make improvements over time and I'm sure this will be a good resource in that regard. focus1.jpg

focus2.jpg

focus3.jpg

focus4.jpg

focus5.jpg

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Welcome to FF!

Sorry to hear you lost the car you wanted to keep, hope you get a lot of enjoyment from the replacement.

When modifying anything in CA, save the old parts as you may need to reinstall them to pass emissions check in the future (not many aftermarket parts have the CARB approval sticker needed). CA folks can give more details, I've just seen this mentioned before when items that were prev. given a pass like intakes were later not allowed, and the originals were long gone & needed a search to replace. CA folks would know how often you'd be checked, I don't know their current rules.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CunFFS13: Thanks! I thought I wanted the wheels that were on my rental (the black painted ones. They looked good on the Silver SE I had then) but then I saw those silver 5-stars with the low profile 18's and I fell in love. They go nice with the paint job.

Sailor: I won't be here long enough to register my car in California (my contracts are usually no more than 13 weeks at a time, if that, then I move to a different hospital.) My residence where it's registered will remain Georgia and only metro Atlanta does emissions there and they're not as strict.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah they do! I was stationed in Monterey, CA for two years in the late 90's when I was in the Air Force learning Arabic. I let my GA driver's license expire so I went to get a CA license issued. I failed the test! It had all kinds of funky questions, most of what got me is the rules pertaining to San Francisco, like how to interact with the cable cars, the weird bus lanes for the electric buses with the overhead cables. It was a trainwreck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts