Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, been checking out these forums for a few days before actually posting, and it seems like this is a nice, family like group. Just got a 2012 Focus SE, 203A, sport package, 6AT hatch on 11-6 and have put a little over 700 miles on it (currently 1,000. 321 miles at dealership, apparently it was driven from it's original destination in Alabama. o_O) Anywho, coming from a 2009 Chevy Cobalt it's like going from a Geo to a Lexus! Okay, a little over-enthusiastic, but that Cobalt was a POS compared to this.

I don't have much to offer yet community wise, but I will share a picture of my car. No set mods yet, save for a window tint (much needed when summer hits again), and getting some Whiteline front and rear sway bars around the holidays. Debating a CAI, but I want to see dyno numbers first as the way our airbox is setup, it's always pulling in cool air it seems. Blacking out the chrome is high on my list as well.

I might be one of the lucky few, but I've yet to have any issues with the automated-manual. It was finicky for the first 500 or so miles, but it's greatly improved since then. Getting 25mpg in heavy stop-go traffic and a short highway commute consisting of speeds between 70 and 80mph for a daily commute. Now I'm gonna shut up and post a picture after it's first good wash and waxing.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I wish you enjoy the ride !
Great color on your car ! [welcome]

·
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14
2,026 Posts
Looks good! Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SGM is the way to go [driving]
I couldn't agree more.
Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I absolutely love the color of it, and I'm not one for gray, but the paint looks fantastic. Just a little antsy about how well it'll look with 35 or 40% tint all around. (32% is GA legal minimum, but law enforcement around here has been known to bust people with legal tint)

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I like the look of our Titanium Sterling Gray hatchback too. The only difference is we got the polished Aluminum 17" rims. Welcome to the Focus Crowd!!

We have a right front end humming sound that sounds like running over interrupted road warning groves but not as distinct. This occurs between 50 and 70 MPH then disappears at lower or higher speeds. Turn off your radio and listen when driving in that range to see if you have this noise too. Below is a continuation/reply to my thread of another Focus frantic having this problem.

Reply to Beepster: Nothing new, although I had a follow-up call from Ford CS today. I asked some pointed questions they could not answer. The fellow I spoke with said he would ask some contacts of his own to find out what he could. I asked what, where/why and how soon this could be fixed. I went on to say I was concerned that if it is taking so long to solve would this problem be taken care of if my warranty ran out. As of today nothing has changed.

I went on to talk about my thread on Focus Frantics, which has enabled me to find out I was not the only one reporting this problem. I also told them that my wife is apprehensive about driving with this noise as she drives at the speeds it occurs. That when she is asked about how she likes her Titanium she tells people asking what is going on so Ford is not getting good press. Our Focus is good looking and several people each week ask how we like it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
welcome to the site!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Continued luck with your new ride!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jimmyt;3894942 We have a right front end humming sound that sounds like running over interrupted road warning groves but not as distinct. This occurs between 50 and 70 MPH then disappears at lower or higher speeds. Turn off your radio and listen when driving in that range to see if you have this noise too. Below is a continuation/reply to my thread of another Focus frantic having this problem.[/QUOTE said:
Thanks for the heads up, Jimmyt.

I made an attempt to listen for this sound yesterday, but couldn't hear anything out of the normal road noise. Though I did find out the area... somewhere... around the gauge cluster likes to squeak around 40-45 MPH.

And again, thanks for the warm welcomes!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
SGM ftw! Loving my SEL sedan! Welcome!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts