Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And though I'd say "Hi"! I look forward to participating in the Focus community!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

Hope you enjoy your new ride as much as I have enjoyed mine!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
WELCOME TO FF!!!!
-Ashley

·
Registered
165 Posts
Congrats on the SVTF purchase and welcome to FF. This is a great place for info and the people are the best.

Any mods installed already when you got it? Any plans on more?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome, all.

Jmustang68 - I'm not certain, but it has a rather low stance for a stock car. I'm thinking it may have springs on it. It looks stock under the hood however. I don't know if I'm going to do much in the way of modding off the bat - I really love the way the car sounds in it's current configuration, and I don't think an intake or exhaust would really improve that. Any near-term modification would probably be a sway-bar upgrade, just to flatten the car out a touch in cornering.

Thus far I'm enjoying the car quite a bit - in terms of power, it's definitely faster than my stock 01 Jetta turbo, but not as fast as my 97 Prelude - I would say that it handles better than either of those cars.

On the annoying side, it has a non-functional rear window which apparently will take a bit north of $250 to fix - there is also a heat-shield type rattle that crops up occasionally that I'm going to have to track down.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Another Black 5 door SVTF in the area.....sweet! Is it a Euro? [thumb]

·
Registered
165 Posts
For the heatshield rattle, check the heatshield on the headder (in front of the motor) and there are two on the cat that can come loose (one on top and one on botom). Just some places to check. i have the same type of rattle, but lazieness has prevailed and it still ratles... [:)]

·
Registered
165 Posts
Also, if it does still have the stock intake, a short ram or CAI will definitely make the intake growel more, especially in WOT.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you're looking to change swaybars, just change the rear to 24mm bar. I got mine from FocusSport($159.95). Makes a big difference and raised my confidence level considerably.

·
Registered
464 Posts
PDX?!?! as in the store that specalizes in Suby parts? haha sweeeeet. my friend visited there couple weeks ago in his STi

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LastRites said:
Another Black 5 door SVTF in the area.....sweet! Is it a Euro? [thumb]
Nope - not a Euro.

I'm inclined to leave the intake stock - I've had intakes on other cars (shorty and CAI), and I'm not certain I want to mess with the excellent sound it already has.

I've read a bit about the heat shield/bracket issues - it's mostly a matter of making the time to jack the car up and crawl under it at this point. I'll get round to it eventually though.

I was actually just planning on bumping the rear bar initially, though I probably won't do it for a while.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
it's a 2004 so it should still be under warrenty. take it in for repairs for the heat sheild and your rattles and rear window. you should also have the extended powertrain warrenty for 5 years/100k miles.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OrangeSVTguy said:
it's a 2004 so it should still be under warrenty. take it in for repairs for the heat sheild and your rattles and rear window. you should also have the extended powertrain warrenty for 5 years/100k miles.
Well, the heatshield may be, but sadly, the car has 60K miles on it, so the bumper-to-bumper is toast... I'll call my local dealer about the rattle, tho!

·
Registered
704 Posts
trust me, a cai makes the intake growl like you wouldn't believe. I wasted a half a tank of gas driving around the other day when I put mine on. Well worth it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, maybe I'll show up at a Tacoma get-together and another attendee will have one that I can give a listen to...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congrats on the car, now you need to get a tune, then you'll be more impressed, or a Power Works Supercharger, then you'll forget all about your past cars....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts