Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so whats happening...i just bought a 2000 focus zx3 kona and just love this car. my few questions are....does anybody know anyone with a seat cover....it came with one...the rack is nice, but needs trays and a plastic end piece.....but the main question is, when my focus is cold, it feels like a motor/trans mount is bad......very buzzy idling, but once it warms up a bit, its drives so smooth and quiet? any ideas?

·
Registered
28 Posts
is it cold out when you start the car? If so this may be normal. Otherwise, yea it could be a mount thats going bad (or mis aligned).

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
first of all welcome to FF....and its nice to see people who love the KONA as much as i do...I have 2 plastic pieces for the roof rack (your talking about the 2 covers with the key inserts?) and I also have some stock seat covers I can sell you for a cheap price..send me a pm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks everybody!....it has been cold, but not terribly cold.....it vibes a lot when cold, and also makes a funny vibe when i go over a bump in the road...but when its warm, there are no worries...trans mount maybe?

also, sometimes, it will be running silky smooth and quiet, antil i put it in park to turn it off, and it buzzes in the engine compartment....?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Third similar vibration here, with my friend's Dirt Brown Kona, Robo and Dirt. There seem to be a handful of Dirt Brown Konas around here in Pasadena, Dirt ---where are you located???

As for the "trays" you mentioned, Robo, do you meant the bike-carriers that run lengthwise? If so, I found a pair of Thule frame-clamping "trays" at a yard sale -- for free actually -- that my friend and I use -- they fit perfectly. Does anyone know if Ford used Yakima load bars...??? 'Cause that would explain the perfect fit... see: http://www.thuleracks.com/product.asp?dept_id=8&sku=599xtr

As for those factory Kona seat covers, we've been looking for them for years.... had a friend who managed the service dept. of a Ford Dealer and asked him.. he thought they were no longer available (BTW, his 85-year-old Ford dealership just expired [they bought a VW franchise] as has the 90-year-old Ford franchise here in Pasadena, and the one in your town as well..... ????????? )

Now if someone could help ME ---- can anyone explain why I STILL cannot place a classified ad as a new member...???? I have a medium grey center armrest console to sell....

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
You can't sell until you have 25 posts or more and been here more than 30 days.
If you read the rules like all members are supposed to, you'd know this.
This rule is there to protect our members from scammers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Actually, Loud, I saw the section about 25 posts just before I saw your reply.

I scan SoCal salvage yards for desirable parts... often I just try to inform clubs that I have absolutely no affiliation or interest with. Quite often as in the case of the Mercury club and POCI I cannot even get in to inform the club of a car before it is crushed -- an amazingly nice Fiero GT and (1-of-1200-built) solid original 1970 Mercury convertible were recently crushed because I could not get into a site.

Other times I will save a part and, yes, actually sell it for money before it is crushed. That is the case with the nice Focus console I grabbed but now regret investing in...

So this is post number nine....

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Kona also vibrates more when the engine is cold. I have never solved it although I'm about to take a look at the tranny mount. I have no idea if it will solve it, but I'm at 100k already -- I figure it couldn't hurt to replace the mounts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts