Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I bought a set of hella headlights from this site years ago, and have been fully satisfied with the look of these lights. They are hands down the best looking headlights for the zx3 in my opinion. However, I have never been satisfied with the brightness of the lights since day one. I have tried expensive high output bulbs for the original h7 set up, and then even had a HID kit installed. I think the HIDs made them even duller, and I currently have my stock headlights in *gag* due to some electrical issues I had with the HID kit. I am starting to think that I may have to go with another headlight, or completely rebuild these with new hid projectors instead of halogen that come in the Hellas, and possibly a custom retrofit. If anyone has been down this road, have any ideas, or suggest any headlights that look similar, and have nice light output, please help me.

Thanks in advance,

-Casey

·
Registered
95 Posts
obvious question but have you tried adjusting them? I have the same lights and high beams are brighter than anything else I've driven

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh the high beams are great. I agree. It's the projector low beams I have a problem with. I have adjusted the angle of the beams using the adjuster screws, and I got out at a nice area on the road, but it's just not bright at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
obvious question but have you tried adjusting them? I have the same lights and high beams are brighter than anything else I've driven
By the way, I love the way you left the inside part of those hellas black and the outside white. Looks awesome.

·
Super Moderator
9,563 Posts
I had these Hellas as well and never had any problem with the light output on them. If anything, they were better than the stock output.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
Hella had a OEM Xenon upgrade kit for these.

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
And yes you could retrofit them if you want. Just get with guys at The Retrofit Source.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Only thing with replacing these projectors is I believe the projector is fully enclosed to protect it from the elements. Not sure if the projector comes out of the enclosure or not. But yes Hella has 90mm xenon projectors you should be able to replace those with. And TRS has an LED projector that is supposed to fit in Hella 90mm projectors too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts