Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the instructions for these. Every website says direct wiring. Well I just picked up a used set. The factory wiring harness is there, but there is a wire that has been spliced in that is about 2 feet long, that is now just hanging seperate. Is this necessary or something he added extra or a ground? I can get some pics if anyone thinks they can help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

By looking at it, red might be a ground? The yellow has a female wire end and male wire end, so they might go together? Have no clue for the brown wire.

The first and last picture are the driver side, and the middle pics are the pass. side.

·
Busy Monkey
4,461 Posts
ok, the long yellow wire runs between the headlights and connects them
The red wire is for if you have an alarm and want the headlights to flash when the alarm arms/disarms
I have no idea what that brown wire is for, mine doesn't have it
And in the first and last pics, that black connector is supposed to have a relay plugged into it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I am going to tear into it on tuesday and see what I can find out. Hopefully that relay is a commen one I can pick up at autozone or something. I could not pass this set up for 125 bucks painted already, even if it requires a little work to get them in.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Red for power and brown for bround iirc. MisterJohnson is right, there should be a relay from the driver's side HL that connects to the battery and ground

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do we know if this is a hella relay, or if a aftermarket one can fit?
Or any clue what I will look for at autozone.

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah i think brown is ground red is hot and you connect yellows. I'm looking for the relay now, cant remember where i bought it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you so much. I can handel most things in the car life but this electrical stuff blows my mind. I would of never known that there should of been a relay without any of you. Thanks again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just on a odd chance I went up to autozone and they had a aftermarket relay that fit for 5.99. Got my lights in and they look awsome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts