Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I decided that I want to make my mk2 a bit rally styled. I already have some Rally Armor mudflaps on it and I just got some Hella Fog lights but I have no idea how to install them. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could put these on? I would like to have them on the upper grill so they are higher up. I also would like to not spend too much money on some fancy mount. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Got 'em on, looking good!

Lower would be nice for fogs, but not easy to mount. I dislike how the current ones can't be turned over to mount upside down - or at least not easily with most.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got 'em on, looking good!

Lower would be nice for fogs, but not easy to mount. I dislike how the current ones can't be turned over to mount upside down - or at least not easily with most.
Yeah I thought about putting them down on the lower grill but to do that you would pretty much have to remove the entire bumper. And I actually like it up higher, it's more noticeable and it's actually a huge improvement to the brights. I can see a lot farther down the road now.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the look
What kind of hellas do you use, 500's?
And where do you find the mounting plates?

Mike
Yeah they are 500s whatever the cheapest of those were. They were around $60-70. I actually just used a flat bracket about 5in long that attached to the bumper behind the grill, as you can see in the pics and then it came out under the grill (I had to sand down off a couple tabs on the grill but nothing noticeable). The light then attached to the other side of the braket. Very simple and easy and doesn't require any drilling into the bumper or anything. So far they've held up really well. I also have a couple pads that go under legs of chairs underneath where the bolt that holds the light to the bracket so it doesn't scratch the paint on the bumper.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wiring was a bit tricky. It gives some basic instructions and all the needed wires and a switch with the lights. I don't really know how to explain everything you need to do for that haha. But once it was all wired up front and to the battery I just ran the wires into the car by going through the gap behind the hood in between the fender and the A-pillar because I didn't want to have to go through all the work of going through the firewall. That actually worked out really well and was easy and it's totally hidden. I just have the switch right below the normal light switch for our cars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey I decided that I want to make my mk2 a bit rally styled. I already have some Rally Armor mudflaps on it and I just got some Hella Fog lights but I have no idea how to install them. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could put these on? I would like to have them on the upper grill so they are higher up. I also would like to not spend too much money on some fancy mount. Thanks!
What is the front bumper of your focus? I only see a few that look like that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts