Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody installed one of the Helix throttle body spacers ont their focus? Notice anything?

thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
actually it doesnt do that much due to the design

http://www.umiperformance.com/ sells one similar and continues to sell out of
the spacer for the Focus Zetec model, aparently due to it actually working

I will be dynoing the one they have for the Focus Central 65mm Throttle body.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
But they don't tell you which car or even have a dyno plot of any car on their site.

They probably sell out because they sell them on ebay and people are just too ignorant to realize that these spacers don't do crap on 4 bangers.
People have said they work on V8's but no results or proven dyno on 4 bangers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so there is no really solid evidence that they work on 4's, why do they work on 8's, physics tells me that what works for one will work for another, maybe not in such a propertional gain though, thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are the throttle bodies from an svt the same as a 65mm upgrade for a normal 2.0 zetec

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
its because they dont do anything on fuel injected motors. the swirling air doesnt help air/fuel mixture at all on our cars. also, adding a whole lot more in height off the throttle body could cause ur intake toob to hit the hood.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yes correct, its based on the idea of high rise manifolds and carb spacers, but our injectors are nowhere near any position for these to work, as already stated

·
Registered
697 Posts
FOCUS03 said:
so there is no really solid evidence that they work on 4's, why do they work on 8's, physics tells me that what works for one will work for another, maybe not in such a propertional gain though, thanks
im studying engineering there skipper, think you might wanna check the physics of this again, also some aerodynamics, thermodynamics could help a little, and also some chemistry.

considering the Ci of a v8 to a 4cyl, there no much to compare there totally different, bigger and blah blah i can go on.

im not a genius or nothing, first year engineering, but by jesus i aint stupid.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey skipper (sceviourzx3) i didn't say that i knew physics, all i meant to say is that it would seem to me that if it works for a v8 car,why wouldn't it work for smaller displacements, i didn't know it worked only on carbureted engines, that's the whole point of asking the question in the first place, hey why don't you study some "I'm trying not to be such a smart a#%" classes, " by jesus" it was just a innocent question/statement

·
Registered
697 Posts
i think mr. focus03 is angry with me. sorry for being to hard on ya fella, but i figured your were getting serious about physics, which did'nt make no sense.

now now jeff, dont be trying to use these newfie terms by', trying to act all eastern canadian like and all, tsk tsk ya mo fo

lol

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
eh? is that the canadian army marching down the road? no its just some yokels riding some cows.....jk back to topic

·
Registered
697 Posts
just imagine if i was on dee beers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts