Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm from Mexico and so far what I can say about this car is WOW, i've never owned a new car and was looking for something cheaper and simple but I've got a deal of 1% interest (here we have an average of 12% interest rates) so it was pretty much the same price for this that to pay interest for the fiesta, the vehicle is unmatched in the safety category at this price.

There only one single thing that bothers me, and before anybody say: get a suv, you should've done your homework etc... I love this car and I want to keep it long time!, but the ground clearance is really really low (i'll say about 12mm - 4.8")
Anyway, I want to keep warranty so I'm not considering any big modification (and i dont have the money neither) but I saw on a few webpages that people are using some ruber donnuts spacers that goes betwen the spring coils in hondas among others but not fords..

¿Does anyone have any information about if is possible to use them in the MK3?

I will really appreciate any information!!

Regards!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I feel ya pain! You should add to your post that we have a lot of speed bumps down here... These guys from America don't have to deal with them!
Greetings from Cancun

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I feel ya pain! You should add to your post that we have a lot of speed bumps down here... These guys from America don't have to deal with them!
Greetings from Cancun
OMG! Those topes are huge. Especially in the coastal areas. For some reason they don't seem as large in cities in the alti plano. Going slowly over them is a must lest u rip out the bottom of the car

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I haven't heard of the rubber spacers but I could offer a little suggestion. Not sure if it'll give you much, but you could put on coilovers and have them raised to the max. I believe that's taller than stock hight. Good luck. Our speed bumps aren't too bad here some are insane but rarely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to another Focus owner in Mexico! We got our 2003 wagon about a month ago and we love it. Already done the passenger side motor mount replacement, what a difference! Had to replace the tires so went with a 205/65/R15. Definitely made a difference in the clearance. Always extra careful with topes though.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to another Focus owner in Mexico! We got our 2003 wagon about a month ago and we love it. Already done the passenger side motor mount replacement, what a difference! Had to replace the tires so went with a 205/65/R15. Definitely made a difference in the clearance. Always extra careful with topes though.
welcome to another focus owner from DF...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm from Mexico and so far what I can say about this car is WOW, i've never owned a new car and was looking for something cheaper and simple but I've got a deal of 1% interest (here we have an average of 12% interest rates) so it was pretty much the same price for this that to pay interest for the fiesta, the vehicle is unmatched in the safety category at this price.

There only one single thing that bothers me, and before anybody say: get a suv, you should've done your homework etc... I love this car and I want to keep it long time!, but the ground clearance is really really low (i'll say about 12mm - 4.8")
Anyway, I want to keep warranty so I'm not considering any big modification (and i dont have the money neither) but I saw on a few webpages that people are using some ruber donnuts spacers that goes betwen the spring coils in hondas among others but not fords..

¿Does anyone have any information about if is possible to use them in the MK3?

I will really appreciate any information!!

Regards!
Yo sufro cada que voy al DF o Estado de México... y eso que casi siempre viajo solo. No puedo subir a nadie más al carro o pega en todos lados (SE, Sport). No te recomiendo ponerle nada que levante más el carro, simplemente se cuidadoso y busca sacarle la vuelta a los topes... pudieras ponerle una llanta mas gruesa con el mismo rin (la segunda medida (por ejemplo 55, 40 etc) es la proporción de grueso contra el diámetro del rin)... de otra manera empiezas a meterte con la suspensión, además que afectas el manejo del vehículo.

En este foro la gran mayoría busca bajar más el carro (americanos), esto porque además de mejorar la estética del vehículo, tienes el centro de gravedad más pegado al suelo, mejorando el manejo y la estabilidad del carro especialmente en carretera. Es por eso que los autos deportivos son más bajitos.

Espero que te sirva de ayuda.... si quieres mas info mándame un MP

Bienvenido!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Yo sufro cada que voy al DF o Estado de México... y eso que casi siempre viajo solo. No puedo subir a nadie más al carro o pega en todos lados (SE, Sport). No te recomiendo ponerle nada que levante más el carro, simplemente se cuidadoso y busca sacarle la vuelta a los topes... pudieras ponerle una llanta mas gruesa con el mismo rin (la segunda medida (por ejemplo 55, 40 etc) es la proporción de grueso contra el diámetro del rin)... de otra manera empiezas a meterte con la suspensión, además que afectas el manejo del vehículo.

En este foro la gran mayoría busca bajar más el carro (americanos), esto porque además de mejorar la estética del vehículo, tienes el centro de gravedad más pegado al suelo, mejorando el manejo y la estabilidad del carro especialmente en carretera. Es por eso que los autos deportivos son más bajitos.

Espero que te sirva de ayuda.... si quieres mas info mándame un MP

Bienvenido!

What? JK!
Hahahaha
It's time to get our own regional forum!
:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
205/60r16 tires will get you a little more clearance and won't void any warranty since its an alternate size to the 215/55r16 that came on it. If you have 15's then 205/65r15 and if you have 17" rims then 215/55r17 should fit okay. Good luck driving down there!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all

Well this was a good 1st post and got actually a few good responses.

Because money does matters I will not be able to buy coil overs and neither shift for taller tires until replacement is needed (a few years i hope).
It's not a huge problem but sometimes its just not possible to avoid bumps you have to take the the road and that's it, or when rain flooding its just impossible to take other path but oh well I guess ill keep researching about the donuts shape rubber spacers.
Here are some links for you to met them:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Mr-Gasket-1-in-lift-front-rubber-super-coil-spring-spacer/_/N-4ahq?itemIdentifier=125837_0_0_

http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazda6-atenza/260158-coil-spring-booster-selection.html

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
C'mon the Cancun streets ain't that bad...
:)
(I'm living the real life down here)

Last one

We should open a "speed bump thread"

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yikes!
Yes, those rubber spacers are referred to by many as "spring rubbers".

I think those could give maybe 1/2 inch increase in height but not sure it would be a giant difference.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I imagine he could compress his springs and put a spacer on top and bottom. That would raise him up. I would be sure to go get an alignment afterwards.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts