Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo fun night. Backed up into my sisters fofo... No damage to hers whatsoever. My bumper has four small dents in it where the liscense plate screws were on hers... So its time to fix it. I work with someone who used to paint cars for a living and he said he would help me. My question is, how much paint does it take to repaint a rear bumper? I just want to do the entire thing as it has some other scratches in it. I am going to get it matched at Wesco paint. Typically does a good job. Its really not that bad. Its not tore or broken or anything luckily. Just dents. So I am thinking clean it really well, rough it up a big, bondo the little dents, clean it, wet sand it, clean it and paint it. We have a paint booth at my work we can do it in and all the guns necessary. I just need paint.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Its easier to paint the whole thing than trying to blend it anyway.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats what I was thinking.. I took it off just now to practice getting it off. Its not too hard. Would you think a quart would be enough paint?

And what about clearcoat?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
A quart should be enough if ur doing one coat... Definitely need clearcoat...

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol I made another thread. I need a new bumper. I ended up ruining it trying to take it all apart to paint it. Got it off the car no problem but the little ground effect panels I gues you would call them right behind the rear wheels I had a little problem... Lets just say I am in the market for a new bumper. Thinking about the F2 rs bumper.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol. And to get those things I broke new, together would cost 200 bucks from Ford. Soooo yeah. Basically they are held to the bumper itself by some clips and some plastic studs. When I tried screwing off their little nuts the studs just sheared right off. So I was sunk.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
thats sucks man yeah f2 had a sweet bumped but i like ur sap man..... (my cars is [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] from all the car washed i give it at work lol so dont be mad for some scratches and dents lol) my black ir ruened

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I am thinking I am gonna get the F2 RS rear bumper. Looks really clean and the guys who have it on FJ really like it and say it lines up perfectly. So we will definately see.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Sucks about the accident, but the F2 RS bumper would be a nice choice.
I'm getting that one for my 01.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What all goes into installing a rear bumper? Do you re-use the stock mounts outta the stock rear bumper? And how do you get those mounts off? I have the bumper off the car but cant' figure out how to get those plastic rivets off the stock side mounts. Know what I am talking about?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I saw that but its for a 00-04 focus. Thanks though. And I decided on just fixing my stock bumper. Its gonna be easy enough I think. I am going to deal without those "rock guards." It will look fine without them. And i am filling the holes they left, and repainting it. Hopefully it will be on this weekend...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts