Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 zx5....the heater only works on 1-3 and it doesn't like to work when its cold.... any help is greatly appreciated

Thx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just installed new blower and now it doesn't even turn on.... i need serious answers and im not big on testing shit cause id rather just replace crap and get it over with lol

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,590 Posts
It would not make sense to replace the blower if it is working on speeds 1-3. There is only one motor and its speed is determined by the voltage applied to it. The battery voltage is fully applied in speed 4, and reduced by the blower resistor block to give speeds 1, 2, & 3.

Your blower is most likely not working in speed 4 because the switch is bad. There is also the possibility that the wire used for speed 4 has a bad connection somewhere in it, but that is rare.

This thread has the blower wiring diagram:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329049

BTW: Aftermarket blowers are not as good as the OEM blower.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I replaced the blower cause it seemed as though the switch was working fine with the old blower in it.... i would turn it on and then the blower would work for a few moments then die out.... figured it was the blower cause it had made noises before.... im trying to find a heater resistor in my area and try that and if that doesn't work then ill send it to my brother who knows how to test wires and has a vast amount of automotive knowledge more then myself lol.... thx for the feed back

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,590 Posts
I replaced the blower cause it seemed as though the switch was working fine with the old blower in it.... i would turn it on and then the blower would work for a few moments then die out.... figured it was the blower cause it had made noises before.... im trying to find a heater resistor in my area and try that and if that doesn't work then ill send it to my brother who knows how to test wires and has a vast amount of automotive knowledge more then myself lol.... thx for the feed back
Well that's new information.

Does indeed sound like you had a bad/dying blower. Lubing it may make it work fine as the noise you heard is dry bearings.

The blower will eventually take out the resistor block, but it should still work on position 4 UNTIL it blows the fuse......so check the fuse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts