Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 3 years ago my car 2.0 Duratec heater stopped blowing out the boiling heat it had usually put out. So at that time I put in an OEM Thermostat in hopes this would fix it. It did not, so I have lived with it till last week. I decided to flush out the heater core, it was clean as a new one. I decided it was my Waterpump so I replaced it with an OEM part. It is still the same, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
It's fairly common to break the heat selection cables that control the blend door, which would keep the heat from coming out where you want it.
There's a sticky at the top of the forum that tells you how to diagnose and fix it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2007 SES, I have experience in replacing the hvac selector cables, I believe I have replaced 3 on mine and about 3 on other friends cars. I do realize the cable your talking about it the one that operates the Blend door, when I twist the Hot/Cold selector I can hear the door opening and closing, so I'm 99% the blend door is not the problem. My car now has 216,900 miles on it and this problem had started when it had about 110,000 miles on the car.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Herman, remove the panel under the steering wheel, you'll find 4 bolts, then look under the the dash next to the gas pedal & you'll see the bend doors & cables. Carefully undue the nearest ones cables & see if the door rotates or not & check the cable operartion.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
So you have no heat at all, or just less heat than it used to have?

I'm assuming the blower itself is functioning properly through the various fan speeds since you didn't mention anything about it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
...and don't forget the overflow container CAP also known as the radiator cap - but is doesn't actually fit on the radiator.

Before you buy a new cap, check the upper radiator hose that is between the thermostat and the radiator WHILE THE ENGINE IS RUNNING.... IF the hose is stiff / hard then you have internal pressure and the 'cap' is OK -

If the hose is soft, then you've lost internal engine coolant pressure and that I just found out a few days ago will reduce or eliminate the heat...

Try the hose trick first --- CUE as in Q

1 - 9 of 9 Posts