Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever had to remove the housing that encloses the fan? I've got the fan out and want to try to get the housing out too. I think my water leak is above the housing but not in cabin air filter.
All I see is one bolt and a locating stud on the firewall.
Anyone?

Pav

·
Registered
242 Posts
I believe it's all snapped together with the exception of that one bolt, I will take a look on my wagon I am parting out since the dash & crash bar are already out.

You also might want to look and see if maybe the seal at the bottom of the windshield has broken or possibly the heater core is leaking.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks. I appreciate that.

No, the heater core is OK; this is the infamous water leak into the passenger footwell. I've got the air inlet for the cabin air filter all sealed up with A/C foil tape. Still, when I run the hose into the general area of the windshield wiper motor I get a good drip from behind the blower motor housing. Actually some into the housing as well.

I'm guessing there is something amiss up there. If not I'm sure to get an education on how Foci are assembled!

Oh, BTW, would you like to sell the cabin air filter assembly? Plastics, grill, filter, etc? I guess they are compatible.

Pav

·
Registered
242 Posts
Also check the molding on the roof (if it has that), the windshield place had found that there was a small rust hole under it causing the water to run down inside the "A" pillar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts