Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm afraid that if you've confirmed coolant at that location (NOT water, normal there with leaks from that area a known problem if it gets plugged or the connection is loose) you really are in the same boat as the OP of this thread.

10k out of warranty it's not likely to be covered, though it's always worth asking. Save repair receipts just in case it's found to be a more common issue in the future, I once got a refund for a repair when the car later had extended coverage for a problem.
Very much appreciate your thoughts and advice!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I am having this exact same issue with my 2012 SEL hatchback (46k miles). Ford does not seem interested in hearing my story or helping at all. Anyone have advice?
Have you been in contact with your dealer, bhamfocus?

Meagan

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been in to the dealer and they diagnosed the issue. They were advised by ford technicians to replace the heater core. That's when I contacted ford service (ended up speaking with Regional Customer Ops manager) who responded with "there are no programs for this" etc. 46k miles seems way too early for this kind of failure and since I'm out of warranty, I have to foot the (very expensive) bill.

Meagan, I appreciate you checking!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have been in to the dealer and they diagnosed the issue. They were advised by ford technicians to replace the heater core. That's when I contacted ford service (ended up speaking with Regional Customer Ops manager) who responded with "there are no programs for this" etc. 46k miles seems way too early for this kind of failure and since I'm out of warranty, I have to foot the (very expensive) bill.

Meagan, I appreciate you checking!
Do you have your case number? It sounds like you've already been escalated to my highest point of contact, your customer service manager, who's decision I'm unable to overturn. I just want to be sure, and take a peak. If you have your case number handy (or your VIN and full name if you don't) please send it to me in a private message.

Meagan

·
Registered
15,560 Posts
I WAS buying them for decades as well, but no longer. They simply are made in such a way that parts breakage never stops. I've changed more parts on one Focus (I have two, pick either one, they break the same exact parts!) than all my other Fords (7) put together have. The Contour before it wasn't that great either but not as bad as these.

Most are nuisance parts pretty much but far more than any old school car ever did and common for them to be parts that have proven to be pretty much bulletproof for the last 50 years. Not any more.

You expect 2 or 3 by 100K but 10-15??? I had 6 or 7 by barely 50K miles. Two window regulators (both Ford brand), two DPFE sensors (same again), door latch cable broke, latch assembly itself then went bad, hood release inside car broke, alt failed at 24K miles. I'll come up with more if I think about it and those alone were all before 50K. Plenty more after that..................the Ford parts I then took and reworked myself for pennies each have outlasted the ones THEY make by scads, what's with that???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you have your case number? It sounds like you've already been escalated to my highest point of contact, your customer service manager, who's decision I'm unable to overturn. I just want to be sure, and take a peak. If you have your case number handy (or your VIN and full name if you don't) please send it to me in a private message.

Meagan
[REDACTED], but I think it has already been closed by the Regional Customer Ops Manager (Michael). Thank you again for looking into it!

My next step is to send a letter to Dearborn.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
[REDACTED], but I think it has already been closed by the Regional Customer Ops Manager (Michael). Thank you again for looking into it!

My next step is to send a letter to Dearborn.
Thanks! I recommend editing your post to remove your case number for your privacy. I do see that the case has been closed, and you spoke with your customer service manager's supervisor, like you mentioned. Your CSM is my highest point of contact and I cannot overturn any decision made by them or their supervisor.

Meagan

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my 2012 sel right now. Small white plug leaking coolant when I run the climate control. Fluid that drips's green in color so I know it's anti freeze and when my system is filled with only water it's then clear. I have know leaks inside my vehicle that I can tell and I can't find where that plug leads. Any help?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts