Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know what to do about this, but I was just thumbing through the 2012 Focus owners guide and it warns me not to put anything heavy on the seat. I know I am a bit overweight, but how did Ford know.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Lol, I don't think your going to damage anything.

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
At one time Saab issued a TSB about passenger weight. The passenger presence system can max out at about 250lbs(maybe 300 or more i forget the actual number). Being a skinny guy, I always chuckle to myself when this issue comes up(no offence intended). Most likely nothing will break, but the sensors might only work to a certain weight.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I bought some takeout the other day and used the passenger seat as a plate warmer until I got home :-D

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The same thought had crossed my mind too. Dont know if I like the idea that they dont reset automatically when the ignition is turned off though.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I bought some takeout the other day and used the passenger seat as a plate warmer until I got home :-D

What a genius idea! I wish I had heated seats now!

·
Registered
967 Posts
^^ and it worked too....lol

·
Registered
277 Posts

Been doing that for years. I'm not convinced it makes a huge difference, and I think some cars are configured to not turn on the heat if it doesn't detect a passenger (using the airbag sensor), but I still do it. [:eek:)]

·
Registered
146 Posts
At one time Saab issued a TSB about passenger weight. The passenger presence system can max out at about 250lbs(maybe 300 or more i forget the actual number). Being a skinny guy, I always chuckle to myself when this issue comes up(no offence intended). Most likely nothing will break, but the sensors might only work to a certain weight.
250# seems low only because it's not hard for a tall guy to get there and we have plenty of average-height Americans over 250 as well. It would seriously surprise me if car manufacturers are not assuming people of at least 300# are sitting in their seats :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts