Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've noticed since the colder weather arrived my iPhone 5 is much less likely to stay connected to MyFord Touch via Bluetooth. It will connect initially, then often it will disconnect and not even try to reconnect.

BUT I've recently discovered that this happens when I'm using the heated seats. If I have a problem where it refuses to connect I turn off the heated seat and then the iPhone reconnects on its own.

Am I crazy or is this a thing?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Any electrical device can result in interference & a possible magnetic field, though seat wiring isn't set up to do much of that.

If you usually stash the phone near the seats, try a different location & see if that has any effect.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
So I've noticed since the colder weather arrived my iPhone 5 is much less likely to stay connected to MyFord Touch via Bluetooth. It will connect initially, then often it will disconnect and not even try to reconnect.

BUT I've recently discovered that this happens when I'm using the heated seats. If I have a problem where it refuses to connect I turn off the heated seat and then the iPhone reconnects on its own.

Am I crazy or is this a thing?
Hey smithco,

I don't think you're crazy. It just sounds like your iPhone hates the cold weather as much as I do. [joke]

But in all seriousness, this sounds frustrating. So to figure out what's going on, I'd suggest one of two options:
1. Pair a different phone to your vehicle (if one is available) and test whether that phone acts the same way. Just in case you need them, here are instructions on how to do this, : http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/pair-your-phone-sync
2. Visit your dealer and have them test other phones. They can troubleshoot and provide you direction.

Please keep me updated on any findings!

Cole

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey smithco,

I don't think you're crazy. It just sounds like your iPhone hates the cold weather as much as I do. [joke]

But in all seriousness, this sounds frustrating. So to figure out what's going on, I'd suggest one of two options:
1. Pair a different phone to your vehicle (if one is available) and test whether that phone acts the same way. Just in case you need them, here are instructions on how to do this, : http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/pair-your-phone-sync
2. Visit your dealer and have them test other phones. They can troubleshoot and provide you direction.

Please keep me updated on any findings!

Cole
Thank you for the reply. I'll ask about it at my next scheduled maintenance, and in the meantime, if I think of it, I'll ask a friend to try pairing their phone. Neither the bluetooth connection nor the heated seat is what I would consider critical enough to make a service appointment. I also know the iPhone bluetooth can be a bit flaky, so it may not be the car.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I'll ask about it at my next scheduled maintenance, and in the meantime, if I think of it, I'll ask a friend to try pairing their phone. Neither the bluetooth connection nor the heated seat is what I would consider critical enough to make a service appointment. I also know the iPhone bluetooth can be a bit flaky, so it may not be the car.
Hey smithco,

One easy way to improve the Bluetooth connection between the iPhone and MyFord Touch is by performing a soft reset to the phone. Just hold the POWER and HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears. Give it a shot; it can't hurt! :)

Kim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts