Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't really a SVT "performance" question, but it has to do with SVT comfort [:D] . The other night it was very cold, so when I went out to the car to start it I turned both seats on; about five minutes later me and my girlfired went out and got in the car. Her seat was working fine, but mine wasn't even really warm at all. So the next day I checked both seats, the passenger seat was fine, but the driver side doesn't work. I checked the connections for the buttons, checked the fuses, and the wires that go to the seat. Anyone have any ideas of what I could do to fix this? I have to take my car in to the dealer at the end of January but wanted to get my seat fixed before this. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Other than the fuse, or maybe the switch is bad for the driver seat, worst case the whole heated seat unit is bad for the drivers seat. I dont really know, you may just have to take it in and let the dealer look at it. Problem solving on something like that can be a headache, well for me it would. I would take it in, let them figure it out. [;)]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
yeah it sucks bringing it into the dealer but if its under warranty i would

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sounds like you have checked every thing you could. If you had a continuity tester you could check the power from the fuse to the switch and then from the switch to the heating element.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This happened to my mom's expedition. It should be covered under warranty unless you've messed with the fuses or seat electronics ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn, well I guess I shouldn't of tried to wire the heated seat button to my ejection seat [?|] Thanks guys, looks like I will have to make Ford fix it [:(] That should be quick...yeah right [:)~]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
yeah there real speedy!!! I left mine there and its taking them forever to fix it [?|]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts