Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

After reading and researching about heat wrap for headers, I discovered many people are for and against it. They say it can lead to rusting and wear out your header faster. People seem to have recommended ceramic coating, inside and outside of the header, is this true?

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
My obx isn't wraped and it looks sweet. You won't notice a differance if it's wraped or not in the way it performs.

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I noticed wrapping it kind of makes takes the look away.. but people were saying it's better for power gain.. I guess it's not a big enough engine to notice a difference with the wrapping.

·
Registered
301 Posts
you won't notice the difference it makes in performance. but it greatly lowers underhood temps, protecting everything and lowering oil/air temps.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
you won't notice the difference it makes in performance. but it greatly lowers underhood temps, protecting everything and lowering oil/air temps.
x2 this is the only reason why i would do it . with our lil 4 bangers the gases getting out faster is a good thing but you will not see any diff in performance. i think the reason why you should wrap it is cause of the under the hood heat. that heat will rob you of performance when it gets hot . 2 words......( HEAT SOAK)

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I will definitely take that into consideration. Why do people say to definitely get an OBX wrapped, but not F2 and so on?

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
the earlier F2's werent stainless, so thats where that decision comes from.

btw one roll of 2"x50" wrap is enough to do a OBX

1 - 9 of 9 Posts