Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heat and humidity is atrocious where I live. I am not in many traffic jam though sometimes at some backed up lights.

It also rains a lot when we are not in a drought. The roads here are the worst in the Union and collect little puddles here and there. Naturally if I see deep water I would not drive my car through it, but I know at times accidents happen.

I need to know which would you be more worried about in Louisiana. I am just looking to replace my "lifetime" air filter and do not carry about performance gains, but do care about longevity and reliability.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
If your not concerned about performance very much get the Steeda SRI. Not as much gain as a CAI but is reliable and won't ever hydrolock (assuming you never have water come up over your hood....)

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
The only way a CAI out performs a SRI is in stop and go traffic, I've never seen a hood off dyno even that said the FSWerks outperformed the Steeda. I have the steeda and had no heat-soak issues today and it was 101 out. Unless you stop light drag race in bumper to bumper traffic, then don't even worry about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts