Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone taken the heat sheild of the headers yet ? does it affect anything. temp? its pretty ugly i want to take off. let me know

·
Registered
348 Posts
its even uglier with the shield off.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Heatshields are there for a reason, leave it on. If Ford could have saved the money, they would have. Removing it will only increase ambient underhood temps and cause some bogging off the line, especially for those running a short ram intake. Plus, it keeps the radiator and all surrounding pieces cooler. Not to mention that it helps keep the heat in the exhaust flow...which is good.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah dont do it, you'll also probably start to melt some of the radiator hoses which are real close to the headers...not so great plus everyone is right it looks worse

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Well, everyone who's said it looks uglier with the shield off - are you thinking of the stock Zetec exhaust manifold? The SVT header is actually a pretty attractive one, just as good as many aftermarket ones. But, I agree you should keep the heat shield on - it's worth it. Plus I've heard it is not that easy to take off anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts