Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, the heat sheild around my catalytic converter has vibrated loose and is hanging there by the last screw. Is this expensive to fix or replace? Or should I just take it off and leave it off. I'm trying to figure out the best plan of action. Thanks guys.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
take it off since you're no longer under warrenty. mine's been rattling like mad too, i still have yet to take mine in for warrenty repairs [:(]

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Either take it of ( I would ) or put a giant hose clamp around it and tighten it REAL tight... The only worry is parking in a grass field with tall grass, otherwise, rip it off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OrangeSVTguy said:
take it off since you're no longer under warrenty. mine's been rattling like mad too, i still have yet to take mine in for warrenty repairs [:(]
If I take it off will it leave the catalytic converter open to corrosion? Also does the heat sheild protect any other parts from being exposed to the heat of the catalytic converter that may become damaged without it?

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
My lower cat heat shield detached itself long ago and the upper was taken out due to rattling and I have had no ill effects. You should be fine. Also, I have heard of others removing the header heat shield with no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts