Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i already hav 2 twin 12" subs and an amp installed in with my stock 2001 zx3 heaunit..im buying a new headunit cuz i need to ajust the bass because its killing me right now...
my question is do i need to take out my high/low converter? or just wire it up?
thanks

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
yes you do cause the aftermarket stereo will have those outputs for the subs and all you do is hook them up to it and there u go

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
the cable that hooks up to the red and white cable from the amp should already be attached to the aftermarket headunit when u buy it. then run the red and white or red and black wires from the headunit to the amp

·
Registered
395 Posts
so the cables that run from the amp to the headunit r called rca's?
yes sir...just hook the rca cables to your new head unit to your amp and your done. and you can remove the converter. [thumb] message me if u need help with your install

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
or message me if u need help it dont matter. if u need any other info let me run through it again. The colored wires on the back of your headunit hook up to the aftermarket wiring u buy. then there should be a remote wire that u run a wire to the amp from there. then the rca's go from the headunit to the amp. im pretty sure u know how to hook up the amp to the subs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts