Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed an Alpine CDA-7995, I've had it for a few years, but it's been sitting in a box out of the weather. Anyways it's installed using the factory to aftermarket adapter, but it's not tunring on at all. I've checked the in line fuse, & looked for one under the dash & under the hood. The amp that I hooked up is sharing the remote wire & turns on when I turn the key. What could I have missed?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. It's not actually in the back like most units IDK why, but there is one on the positive line along with a small, hard as hell to open box. I don't have a clue as to what is in the box, but everything should be good. I had it in a truck I had a few years ago, when I sold the truck I took it out, boxed it up & it's been in my closet since.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
Make sure it is wired up correctly. Rewire everything possible and check the fuse for it and i think in that box thing your talking aobut is a fuse. take a picture of the wiring so i can try to help u further

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
another thing u could do to make sure its working is unplug all the wires and put the power wire the one with the fuse onto the battery to see if it turns on and if it dont it might be the fuse or a defective radio

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
another thing u could do to make sure its working is unplug all the wires and put the power wire the one with the fuse onto the battery to see if it turns on and if it dont it might be the fuse or a defective radio
Yea and ground it(the black wire). No ground=no where for the current to flow. But if you wired it right and all the fuses are fine then I say the radio is done for.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried that last night. It was a "no go." I'll probably take it to a installer today & have then test it. Thanks for the help guys. Oh well if it's shot looks like I'll have to try to upgrade HU in a few months!

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
yea if u take it to an audio place they will do the same thing but do it just to e 100% sure. if its shot buy another one

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet! Thanks again. I do hope it's ok though. I love this thing. That's why I never got rid of it.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well here's my good luck. I've got it installed & working fine now until you start driving. It turns off just after I let off the clutch. I checked all the wires they're good. WTF. Guess I'll go back to the store Monday and see if they can fix this new problem. Oh God is it beautiful to see that beast working though. I'm in love!

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
thats good but there has to be a short somewhere if it does that. if they installed it then they should find out whats wrong and fix it. but if you installed it then i would still ask them to look at it may cost a lil but its worth it when they fix it

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep. It was late when I got there & he told me what I needed to do to get it running, but it just doesn't seem like a short. It cuts out & turns on at the same time I stop & go. A short will usually flicker, right? but yes I will go as soon as my wife get backin town. She took the Fofo. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts