Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be very careful which wheel cleaners/ polishes you use with your mother's powerball. I just picked up a bottle of mother's FX wheel cleaner and shazaam, my powerball was reduced to tiny peices of eaten red foam by the time I was done with one side. Read all labels on the solvents, and avoid any cleaners with aciditic content. Sad thing is I ruined a $25 cleaning tool with a $6 bottle of wheel cleaner.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
The Mother's powerball that you connect to a power drill to polish your rims or a small area on your car.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Thanks I would cry if I ruined my powerball

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
does it work? once I get my car up to par again, it's going to get the best I can afford as far as detailing. Good to know about your bad experience using the material.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I love my powerball it allows me to clean my rims in about 5 min each the same as took 30 each by hand

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Hmmm, I always wondered if those things were worth it. I may have to get one now. And thanks for the heads up on the material warning! Sux for you though.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Mother's Powerball and Mother's FX cleaner? I would understand the problem if you used some other cleaner, but you'd think they would make their own products work together!

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
well they make a wheel cleaner for the powerball, i believe the fx cleaner isnt made to be used with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts