Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the antenna replaced because of poor AM reception and now I have creases in the headliner where it was dropped. It appears that the technician didnt undo all of the fastners while repalcing the antena.

Is it worth it to have the dealer replace the headliner or will this just cause more issues? Anyone else have experince replacing headliner? I didnt think that is was very common to replace one, but I have seen a few posts about it here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your responses. Yes the AM radio is working now. I will try to post pictures later of the damage. There is now a large crease between the two fasteners and around them by hatch opening in the back.

If the dealer couldn't do this simple job correctly, can I trust this shop to correctly complete a complex one?

·
Focus Preacher
3,412 Posts
Thank you for your responses. Yes the AM radio is working now. I will try to post pictures later of the damage. There is now a large crease between the two fasteners and around them by hatch opening in the back.

If the dealer couldn't do this simple job correctly, can I trust this shop to correctly complete a complex one?
Sad fact... removing a headliner is part of the mechanics 101 class.

Common procedure which they apparently failed to do properly. [facepalm]

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yikes, sorry to hear about your car! That's a big fear of mine, if other people mess with my car and in your case it was the dealership. It doesn't get much worse than that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts