Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it's been getting colder here I've noticed a rattle in my headliner. It seems to be coming from right above the passenger seat. Im not sure where the placement of the sunroof motor is but could that be it? I have an 08 with a sunroof and side air bags. The weird thing is that when the inside of the car gets warm the rattle seems to go away. I want to eliminate the problem since it has become very annoying. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
I don't think it's the sunroof motor, that I believe is right near the dome light in front of the sunroof.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have no idea what it could be then. its so strange but i think im going to just have to take the headliner out and look

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Do you have the overhead storage compartments like 05-07? They (the doors) rattle, buzz, very gently. Took me a while to find that they were the culprit. If I reach up and touch them gently the noise stops. All that would be required to fix is a bit of stiff foam rubber to provide some positive pressure on the inside. Ditto for the upper steering column cover.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I don't have any over head storage. It starts off as a very loud rattle whenever I hit a bump but as the inside if the car gets warmer it goes away. I can press the headliner up and tell the rattle is coming from above the passenger headliner right next to the sunroof. It's strange cause it goes away

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
i have that same rattle in mine, but its because of my poly motor mounts. if i move the sun shade itll go away for a little while. if i press up on a spot it will too. havent had the time or motivation to pull it down but maybe this winter

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Oh! OK! mine is not loud at all.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats what i was thinking too but now i thin it might be the sunroof frame. each time i press on it will make the same noise.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Old Thread, but I have this same rattle. I think! Dealer under warrenty says they did an adjustment of sunroof, then made the sunroof do it's relearn thing, which of course I can't do according to manual. Anyway, this fixed it for about 4 days. Now it's back. But since it's got warmer out, I don't seem to hear it nearly as often. Like you said, way worse when cold. My problem is I'll be out of warrenty by the time it gets cold. So did anyone figure this out?

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bump again lol. i think sometime next week i'm going to tackle this problem because now my sunroof is making a noise. do you know what the relearn process was? i'll be taking the headliner down anyway to see if there is any adjustments to be made.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.