Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking of Painting my headlights! only question. . . should I do gloss or flat black? b/c my car is black? idk ideas?????

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
flat, I did mine gloss black on my old zx3 and it didnt turn out that great. The glare from the sun got on my nerves.

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
do it flat! lol.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sorry to jack the thread, but what is the difference in gloss and flat, just the way it shines?

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
gloss will look like the paint on your car. it will shine and give glare.

flat is just the opposite. no glare but it may be hard to get a flat and keep it really black. they tend to give of a grey tone. i would use Kryon Fusion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow lots of feedback on that! thanks. . . i think i may do Semi-Gloss. . b/c idk if i want it too glossy! I am going to Airbrush it. . . i think. . . b/c i have done my old gokart helmets and gokart flames and model cars with my airbrush stuff and its alot smoother than Spray paint! just finding the right paint is going to be fun!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Definately post a pic of it when your done. I would like to see how it looks...may do something to that effect on my car and I need any ideas because it's hard with the newer models you don't have much to work with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts