Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done an upgrade? I'm not talking about looks I am talking about actual lighting upgrade? My mom has a 2014 ST ( yes with the HID's) and the high beams are absolutely amazing at night and when I drive my 2010 it's almost embarrassing how bad those lights are. My friend do es the aftermarket HID kit on all his cars and I am thinking of doin that too, but wanna see options that others have done.

Cheers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a set of vleds 45w 4500 hi/lo 5k led bulbs for my 09, far better than stock and has good down road throw on the high beams. So far nobody has flashed me, so dazzling other drivers isn't a problem, which is the reason I didn't want to go hid in a reflector housing! Price is a little high though, if you don't mind spending a bit of cash! 250$CAD

Low beam

High beam

High, plus my rigid duallys ( for those dark back roads)

High beam gives a nice projector like cutoff too!

·
Registered
177 Posts
That light throw is amazing I was unaware they had L.E.D headlight bulbs that price is high but still not as high as the 400$ projectors + the HID kit I want. I think I'll probably be getting these instead.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Was worth while for me, as it's a 30km commute to work in the early morning! Just a warning tho, the bulbs have a large heatsink in the back, and I had to trim a few of the fins to clear the rad mounts behind the light!
Planning to get the anzo projector lights, so hopefully that will really make the bulbs worth while!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I personally went to silverstars after reading another member say he liked them. They're very bright and the light color is nice and white. They have a really good cutoff line too for what they are and have to work with.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
The rigid's are not headlights they are a driving light I have the same set aim them down whatever you do the light output is 1400 lumens and change.

·
Registered
82 Posts
No the rigids are not headlights, I have them mounted in the lower grilles of my bumper, at 3000 lumens each, it makes for spotting deer at night a lot easier!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts