Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 04 svt focus with the nice euro lights but there statring to get all scuffed to where there not clear anymore is there anyway to clean them up or any products i can use to make them look close to new[scratch]

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I wet-sanded my headlights and they turned out great. My problem was that I missed the bottom of the headlights, but just be careful when you do it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
^ i dunno about that. i think you would have trouble w/ the clear yellowing/flaking...

after you're done sanding/polishing don't forget to wax. waxing will help protect them from uv exposure.

·
Registered
265 Posts
bro if you just sand it and spray a couple of coats of clear you will be set for a couple of years, ive buffed and clearcoated them, nd the diffrence is amazing

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
hey use "Brasso" I did on my grandma's 02 Taurus, same color as mine (lol) and it got all the yellow off and the clouding... I did it on my headlights too and that kinda revived them, though they weren't that bad to start out with....

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
If you really want to protect your headlights after wet-sanding them, pick up some lamin-x. They have a 5 year warranty against chipping, peeling and fading. Awesome stuff, but not cheap; I paid $52 for it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I seen on speed channel where they used tooth paste to clean and clear up headlights,but I haven't tried it myself though.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I seen on speed channel where they used tooth paste to clean and clear up headlights,but I haven't tried it myself though.
That actually works very well on fogged up headlights. I've done it myself on my dad's Ranger, and it cleared quite a bit of it up. Worth the try anyway, it's free. You could get some Meguiar's PlastX too, works amazing on all types of headlight damage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts