Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have to remove the whole freaking thing to change the bulb? wtf?[wrenchin][wrenchin]

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, why, I guess you read the manual, hardly a technically difficult and long task. There are cars that are far worse and can take over an hour to swap over bulbs...
Chris

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, why, I guess you read the manual, hardly a technically difficult and long task. There are cars that are far worse and can take over an hour to swap over bulbs...
Chris

dIDn'T read, just looking...should be an easier way.........really[wrenchin]

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
There are cars that are far worse and can take over an hour to swap over bulbs...
Chris
04 Neon with 5 foot long screws [thumbd]

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Manual (page 131) says take out the top 2 screws and pull the headlight up and way from the car. So... yes? :-(

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would have had to take the entire front fascia of my Legacy off to change bulbs, or jack it up and remove the tires and fender liner.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Do we have to remove the whole freaking thing to change the bulb? wtf?[wrenchin][wrenchin]
My last Focus, a 2000 ZTS, was a pain to change a headlight bulb. It was easy to get at, but reaching in and undoing the metal clip was a concern. Swore I'd sell the car if I ever had to change the bulb again, which I did.[8]

·
Registered
724 Posts
I guess you aren't old enough to remember sealed beams. Any where from 3 to 10 screws to remove the grill trim, then another 3 to remove the retaining ring before you could swap the lamp.

The 12 focus is a cake walk compared to a lot of cars.

·
Registered
360 Posts
my acura was nuts, i had to remove either the battery, the bumper, or the light itself. Sometimes all 3!

2 nuts, a bulb, and re-place light?! no sweat!

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sounds great, hope its that esy...my jetta was a feaking nightmare. HID ON THE WAY LOL

·
Registered
362 Posts
It takes longer to fill up your call and pull the light. You can even unplug the harness and take it somewhere else to change the needed bulb(s) = warmer, cooler, where the beer is, etc.!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Stupid question: how do you disconnect the connector? Do you just pull them apart? I'm afraid it'll break if I pull too hard. Is there a clip somewhere to press?

Edit: Nevermind, you use a screwdriver to loosen the clip, and then pull.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts