Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Focus a week ago, and I'm not sure if this is normal for Foci as I haven't been able to find anything about it here...

When I have the headlights on, some light leaks off to the left and right in a straight line, at about an 80 degree angle from straight forward to either side. I took a closer look at the headlights, and it looks like the lines are coming from the lower side/bottom edge of the headlights, where it reflects off the surrounding frame and creates the line. Around the top half, there's some rubber (or something that looks like it) that prevents this kind of reflection, but it's not around the bottom half.

I had my headlights adjusted, which didn't fix the problem, and I'd like to make sure this is something that's abnormal before I spend a lot of time trying to get it fixed.

Sorry if the explanation isn't very good; it's kind of hard for me to explain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe this will inspire people to answer: do lines go off to the sides when your headlights are on?

Thanks.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hmm 80* I dont know if thats right I think it should be more like 83* on each side... you really need to get that figured out. While there at it you should have them check your blinker fluid.

HA man just messing with you, no one really answered cause I dont know if the pre 05s did this but I know on my 05 it shoots a line of light off in each side about what you said 80* or so from straight. Its just something they do, I think its pretty cool driving down the road and having that line there.

Got any pictures of you car? I love that color. Good luck, any mod ideas? And last question what part of MA are you in I have family up that way and I usualy come up once or twice a year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I still don't really care for the lines that much so when I bring my car in to get a window looked at I'll see if there's anything they can do. Otherwise, it seems like if I line the lower half of the headlight with rubber or something it will stop the reflection.

I'm from around Plymouth, but I go to school down in UVA. As for modding, the car is mostly just for transportation but I plan on installing at least an instrument cluster with a tach because it looks pretty lame without one.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The rubber might fix it, I have been thinking.. if you look at the light where you can adjust the angle of it there is a lip there maybe thats producing the light line... I know mine do it even to this day even being blacked out....

Yeah I dont have a tach eather kind of empty without one I am looking too, focussalvage is a good place and they will even try to find you one with a specific odm reading. Since your odomiter is held in the cluster itself and not the cars computer.

If ya need anything else feel free to ask if its 05 related I will try my best. PM me if ya want.

Eric

·
Registered
237 Posts
My 06 does the same... before this my 05 mountaineer and 03 sable i drove did the same thing... I got used to it. I'm probably going to try painting my headlights, which requires baking in the oven... but oh well. Maybe that will get rid of that line... I'll let you know if i do that mod.

·
Registered
500 Posts
bostonshawn77 said:
My 06 does the same... before this my 05 mountaineer and 03 sable i drove did the same thing... I got used to it. I'm probably going to try painting my headlights, which requires baking in the oven... but oh well. Maybe that will get rid of that line... I'll let you know if i do that mod.
I will let you know tonight when I go home but I am pretty sure they still have the line even when painted. I will take a picture tonight for ya!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ok so I didnt take a picture cause it was raining and you couldnt see it in the pic but it still gives off that line even with them painted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts