Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving a couple weeks ago and my headlights just went dead. Before I had a chance to react they came back on. Thought the battery might be low so I charged it up. Well it happened last night and the low beams wouldn't work. I got it home and after turning it from low to high a few times they came back on. Well today they are fine again. Does anyone have an answer? Dash switch, high/low beam changer, or something else. Need to get fixed before I'm w/o any lights![rant]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Being a 2003 Focus, it's probably the dimmer switch. The entire left stalk and switch is one unit and is very easy to change. I bought a non-OEM one for under $30 and replaced within minutes. The part looks just like OEM.

Mine was working on low but usually totally blacked out on high. The normal "click" sounded dull and it's a common replacement part on the 1st gen Focus.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would be the 1st thing i'd change, but i know with electronics when it goes out it usually goes. My lights are fine now. which kind of throws me. I think it might be a moisture problem, since i have the fog lights unplugged due to a "dog vs focus" where my bottom grill didn't fair well... The car has also had other electrical issues with the heat/air fan control knob switch melting about 1 1/2 ago. Now my radio turns on while i'm out of the car running the battery down. The radio also loses its screen while still playing also causing the time to be lost. This started after pulling the radio to do the heater/air work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts