Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sadly when i bought my focus it didnt have HID's i want to upgrade my heads and fogs what are some of the best options for a decent price im kind leanin toward silverstars unless somebody can say otherwise and if anyone knows of some HID's for sale let me know too [:D] thanks

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
SilverStars are good but the bulb life is about a year.
I've tried those Eurolights and some other off brands that claim 4000K intensity and the SilverStars blow them all away.
If your lucky, you can pick up a pair for about $40-50 bucks.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I have the Silverstars and they are nice. Not as nice as HID's, but still, they are decent for ~$40 from Autozone. If and when they burn out, I will try and replace them with a set of Phillips Vision Plus. Not sure if they make our size, but they are a popular european bulb, especially among my fellow VW guys and girls. They are white like the Silverstars, but they have been proven to increase the length of the beam without increasing glare. Check out www.pgperformance.com and take a look at them. Once again though, I'm not sure if they make a bulb in our size.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Ya, if you have $400-800 bucks to spend on a HID kit that allows normal and bright lights.
Some of the cheap HID kits only have driving lights. No brights.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Some of the cheap kits ford kit is stupid i got HID normal lights but not HID Brights they look like there hid brights when combined with my hid lights (ie. having hids and brights on at same time) but my brights aren't HID there normal yellows [???:)] [bigcry]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts