Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replaced their headlights and taillights? I’m wanting to keep something that looks stock but isn’t. Mine are extremely cloudy and I don’t know what to replace them with, something that looks good and isn’t too European look would be great. Also, fog lamps would be a consideration too. Anyone ever replaced them?

·
Vendor
413 Posts
Hi Caleb.

Anyone replaced their headlights and taillights? I’m wanting to keep something that looks stock but isn’t.
If you would like something that looks pretty much stock, here are the options to consider. I made a list of headlights that may be of interest for you.
Spyder® - Chrome Factory Style Headlights
Spyder® - Black Factory Style Headlights
Spec-D® - Chrome Headlights
Spec-D® - Black Headlights
These lights are pretty much plug and play, and they use the same bulb sizes as your OE lights do.
Now, the list of taillights that look close to stock (I picked the options that will work for hatchbacks 3/5 doors):
Spyder® - Black/Red Tail Lights
IPCW® - Chrome/Red Tail Lights

something that looks good and isn’t too European look would be great.
What do you mean by 'european look'? Those angel eyes, LED strips and stuff?

Also, fog lamps would be a consideration too.
And here is a couple of fog light options I can suggest you:
Winjet® - Factory Style Fog Lights
Spec-D® - Factory Style Fog Lights

·
Registered
671 Posts
Looks like you've got Mach's on your car. I would get some headlight restoring compound and polish them up. It will get all that haze off and make them look brand new. Those cleaned up Mach's will honestly look and perform better than any aftermarket headlights.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
machs are expensive as HELL and hard to get.

as mentioned its a very common problem with the fogging and there is several posts in here which tells you a full how to on restoring them and will take about an hour or so of your time

·
Trump 2016
12,932 Posts
Very easy to restore. Used Meguires heavy duty headlight kit. Second option is you can get aftermarket Mach from eBay for 300 no ballast or igniter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Caleb.

If you would like something that looks pretty much stock, here are the options to consider. I made a list of headlights that may be of interest for you.
Spyder® - Chrome Factory Style Headlights
Spyder® - Black Factory Style Headlights
Spec-D® - Chrome Headlights
Spec-D® - Black Headlights
These lights are pretty much plug and play, and they use the same bulb sizes as your OE lights do.
Now, the list of taillights that look close to stock (I picked the options that will work for hatchbacks 3/5 doors):
Spyder® - Black/Red Tail Lights
IPCW® - Chrome/Red Tail Lights

What do you mean by 'european look'? Those angel eyes, LED strips and stuff?

And here is a couple of fog light options I can suggest you:
Winjet® - Factory Style Fog Lights
Spec-D® - Factory Style Fog Lights
See I like the fog lights and headlights, but the tail lights are a great example of what i hate. The Euro style I don't like at all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very easy to restore. Used Meguires heavy duty headlight kit. Second option is you can get aftermarket Mach from eBay for 300 no ballast or igniter.
Thanks, but the only thing is that I want a black/darker set of headlights. I'd rather have something more aesthetically pleasing.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,010 Posts
Thanks, but the only thing is that I want a black/darker set of headlights. I'd rather have something more aesthetically pleasing.
I bake headlights apart and can paint black, add demon eyes, seal up, and polish then sealant.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
i have a set of factory blacked out SVT headlights? thy are used and came with the SVT i just picked up. they are not HID they are standard black insert headlights

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm sure you can probably find someone who is more than willing to trade their black aftermarket ones.I used to see them quite a bit on the Facebook focus classifieds page. More than likely the ones you have now will out perform anything you can get in the aftermarket.
I've also read a few threads where the outer clear plastic lens has tiny swirls in them from the injection molding process and makes it impossible to have the crisp cutoff from the projectors.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have those Spyder black/red euro tails and while I usually don't like the altezza style lights they actually look great and like they could have been stock lights.

·
Registered
237 Posts
get you some depo replacements, open them up, swap in an evox-r 2.0 projector and paint the housings black, and call it day. will cost about $400-$500 to do both
Just out of curiosity, Do the evo x r projectors allow you to use the stock ignitors that clip on the back of the projector? I have all in one ballasts to go in when I actually do this. I need to just get on with it already. I want to retrofit some tails too.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have those Spyder black/red euro tails and while I usually don't like the altezza style lights they actually look great and like they could have been stock lights.

Curious how they actually look-

Could you post a couple of pics the rear with these Spyder tail-lamps installed?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a pair of Hella Dynabeams that I love! Found them on the facebook page. I also have a pair of LED Eurostar tailights which I haven't wired in yet.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I had the Spec-D LED taillights on my ZX5, and then moved them to my new ZX3.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts