Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new and looking for some assistance. I have a Focus Zx4 2005. I had my driver side running lights die out on me and ended up replacing the wiring harness through the trunk and to the taillights. This fixed that problem. Now my low beam headlights and daytime headlights are no longer working. The driver side went quickly followed by the passenger side. I have replaced bulbs, main light turn style dash switch, the high beam and turn multi switch and checked all fuses and relays (all good). The high beams still work but no low or daytime headlights. Any suggestions on my next steps?

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Have you specifically checked all the following fuses?
44, 59, 22, 16, 17, 26, 27 (Have to ask since the Focus has a lot of fuses in those circuits.)
There is also a DRL relay as well as the low and high beam relay (in case you didn't know.)
The lights also have grounds within the engine comparment; might want to check and clean those.
You may want to also try re-seating the new switch electrical connectors; an intermittent caused by a bent/dirty pin in the connector housing may cause problems like these.
Worst case scenario is you have a simple open in your headlamp wiring circuit that needs to be traced down; pm if you need a wiring diagram, if you feel up to the task.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts