Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning folks! It seems that my right headlight shakes or vibrates when I go over bumps in the road. I've never noticed it before until about a month ago. I have removed and replaced the entire headlight assembly and it still does it.. Does this mean I have to replace the entire assembly?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Well, you stated that at first you replaced the whole assembly, then asked if you would need to do that. My guess is that something is not 100% tight.

If you didnt notice there is an alignment tab on top of the rad support/fender (I can't remember exactly where at). Make sure it is clipped into there. Other than that and the mounting bolts there isn't to much else holding the light into there.

Again, just make sure everything is tight and you should be ok. If not I have no idea what is wrong.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
This happens with my left headlight. As you know from installing/uninstalling your headlight assembly, there are 3 bolts and one spring clip. If you visually inspect the headlight assembly and see that your three bolts are tight, then the problem (as is the case with mine) is that there's a problem with your spring clip staying in place.

In my case, the metal clip somehow came dislodged from the plastic tab on the bottom of the headlight. So every time I put the headlight back in, the tab on the bottom doesn't stay in the slot.

My theory is that the first few times I removed the headlights (I've easily done it 10 times by now), I overtightened the bolts, for fear that somehow my expensive new headlights would fall out. Unfortunately the only thing that fell out was the spring clip! Ah, well. I've been driving around for about 19,000 miles with the vibration, and everything still works. So it really is just an annoyance. One day I'll fix it!

·
Registered
578 Posts
This is most likely your reflector bowl moving about. On the back side of the bowl there are 3 pivot points. These are press fit sockets and one is connected to the verticle headlight adj screw. The adj screw is replaceable and may be worn and have some slack.

Have you modified your lights at all with a retrofit? If you have it can simply be the weight of the projector flexing the plastic reflector bowl. Just snug up the projector some more.- the silicone crush gasket has prolly relaxed since the install.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Ahh dont worry about it. Mine vibrate a crap ton from my poly engine mount, retrofit, and suspension.

Jk. Its most likely the metal tab under the lamp that's failing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts