Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ... i was wondering if i could get some headlight bulbs that are a different color than the plan white.. I was looking at the coolblue by slyvania but i was wondering they would actually be blue. I dont want to by h.i.d's... so...... i need some help
thanks

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
Moved to: "Exterior Body & Lighting Chat"

true upgrade would be Silverstar Ultra's. nice white light. the cool blues arent really that blue. and dont illuminate the road much better than stock

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not worth it.

These bulbs cost 20-40 dollars and their live span is short, you're better off getting a HID set that will last IMO... I've seen my reviews where they say these bulbs last a very short time.

According to Sylvania: "Since our SilverStar(r) ULTRA headlights are up to 50% brighter than standard halogen, they will have a shorter life span when compared to our other products. Part number 9005SU will last for approximately 125 hours of "on time", 200 hours for part 9006SU."

A guy also said "Compared to the regular SilverStar, the Silverstar ULTRA headlights were supposed to "last up to 30% longer". I have used the Silverstar in the past and decided to give the Ultra a try. They only lasted 6 months."

It's up to you but, it just seems like a waste of money to me...

Good luck

·
Registered
537 Posts
there are a lot of possibilities out there. stay away from blue or red as the police will pull you over and tell you you can't use those colors and give you a ticket.

your best bet (unless you want to do some modding on you headlight harness) would probably be to just go with silverstar, like scrammer said.

most of what you'll see on this website [ http://www.automotivelightingusa.co...ath=10&zenid=708882c7b4b540d14b18a01f4824cab4 ] are higher wattage bulbs, but you get the idea of whats out there.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am just looking for a new look to my headlights w/o spending 250 bucks... any ideas what to do

thanks

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
i like my silverstars and the lifespan has been a good year and a half if not more and there white and really bright and only costed 35 dollers from autoparts store

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
to the aabove ...what bulbs do u have in your grill quarters? they are bright xD

If u want to go hids they are like 100 usd... but you will blind people.. and who knows the quality of them

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
I have tried the Xenon gas filled bulbs in the past. They are super bright and have a blue hue to them. They look realy cool also. But like scammer said they do not illuminate the road real good. With these bulbs the first time you drive at night in the rain you will wish for your old bulbs. I am running silverstar's and they are awsome driving at night. But if you want a blueish look go with a xenon gas filled bulb. Any Pep Boys or Autozone will have them. But in my opinion......Silverstar for the win.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wered you get those piaa super plasma gtx, zx5ye --i really like'em --how much did you pay

·
Registered
889 Posts
i bought mine off of ebay.. i cant remember but paid around 60 with shipping... but i think its worth it :) especially if you go with yellow fogs (for rain, snow etc), as it was said about blue light is not very good in rain, too much reflection, but yellow light doesnt reflect in water drops, even in the worst rain at night, you can still perfectly everything :)

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i just found out that our bulb(stock) is th H4 size so...... yeah -- i will look around and try to find something that has a blue tint or super-duper bright -- i just want something that is really bright and cool looking

·
Fistpumping = 5whp
2,158 Posts
Hella makes a really good blueish light that is way brighter than stock. I found mine at Advanced Auto Parts.

They are called HB2 9003
High Performance Xenon Blue D.O.T Compliant
They are 60/55W
Part Number H83140272
That's what I used untill I got HID's.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
go with some nakya yellows!

they are unique...everyone will be checking out the brilliant yellow headlights driving down the road!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts