Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if there are any headlights upgrades for a 05+ focus? I notice if you have the fog lights on and hit the high beams the fog lights turn off. I do a lot of night driving and I would like more visability

Thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
if you go to the archives in the forum there is a how-to post and in there they show you how to set up your foglights so they do not turn off when the high beams are lit.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You can also do the cheap halo mod from e-bay, its a DIY stuff though

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried looking in the archives but couldnt find anything on the fog light-high beam prob?
Is it out there?

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
i know, but itd be nice to have them on for close in illumination, while the highs illuminate stuff farther away.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to be rude, but try this. When you are on a dark road turn on your fog lights and pull back the turn signal idicator a little bit and your high beams and your fog lights will turn on. Its a lot more then "3 feet in front of you" there must be a way to bypass this function so they will work with the high beams on.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Canadian ST said:
Not to be rude, but try this. When you are on a dark road turn on your fog lights and pull back the turn signal idicator a little bit and your high beams and your fog lights will turn on. Its a lot more then "3 feet in front of you" there must be a way to bypass this function so they will work with the high beams on.
That also turns on both elements in the headlight, so you have high, low, and fog on at the same time. Try it without the fogs sometime and you'll see what I mean. I wish we could get the 4 lamp set-up from Europe- if one would fit the late model Foci.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Canadian ST, Here is what I found:

http://www.ofoc.ca/garage/drf/

It makes you fogs the DRL but allows the fogs and high beams to be on at the same time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
do like i did, get HID i have a high/low kit

·
Registered
255 Posts
chilledboost - there is no bad sex

·
Registered
255 Posts
jailbird1818 - That's pretty neat. I have seen the mod for keeping the foglights on when the high beams come on, but never that combined with the DRL function.
Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts