Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am an ex-Stanger and new to the Focus but am loving my slightly used 2002 ZX3. Except how the heck do you get these bulbs out of the headlights? Do you remove the clip or what?? Will I need to remove the battery on the drivers side? Thanks!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
no, its pretty easy. you take the cover off the back. liek a 3 1/2 inch rubber thing. then there you can see the inside where the bulb is. there is a little "lever" that holds the bulb in place. push the lever down and to the side so it can swing open. it just latches on a little hook. after you have that lever pulled over you should be able to take out the bulb and un plug it. let me know if that helps at all.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Your advice helped and I got my bulbs changed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One is working, one is not...

Okay, I spoke too soon. Left side is working fine. right side only works with high beam. Yes, I checked to see if the bulb was the issue-it isn't. I checked it with 2 other bulbs and same problem -no low beam. I'm going to test current on the contacts in the AM. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions? Is there a relay under the hood fpr the headlights? If so, where is it? Thanks!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
check the fuses, might have blown one. i would also say to check to make sure the plug in over all 3 conectors but im sure it wouldnt have happend to different bulbs if it wanst. id also check to make sure you didnt pull a wire loose when you were dissconecting, mine were a "bitch" to pull of cause i was afraid if breakin a wire. if that doesnt work or isnt the problem ill try to think of somthing else.

·
Registered
15,584 Posts
You DON'T remove the wire bail that holds the bulb in, only unsnap it and swing it out of the way...........they only come with entire headlight assy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts