Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oooookay, so my next mod is to be new headlights (after the new sub and amp I should be getting for my B-day in August)

Do any of you members have these headlights or know anyone who does or know anything about them?

HALO HID Headlights

I absolutely love the halo look a la BMW. And I've always thought the HID lights were great.
So can anyone tell me anything useful about these headlights, or is it just something like "they're headlights, and they make light"? Is there much to tell?

Most of all what I'm looking for is: Will these bolt right on my '02 SVT Focus?
And it DOES NOT say it comes with any harness. I would assume I'd need one of them thingies too.

And don't worry, I probably wouldn't be performing this myself. I know you probably got scared when I said "those thingies" [:D]

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Those will bolt right into your SVT Focus. The wiring I will make NO guarantee about. I don't think these lights are HID.

When buying off Ebay there are a LOT of headlights to avoid. Basicly, you either want Hella, ST170, SVT HID, or the ones you have picked out. Everything else is shit, NO EXCEPTIONS. I love the anzos myself, but they don't throw light (just thought I'd say that, for anzo owners. The rest, not so much love for) They melt themselves, don't throw light at all or just plain don't work. These lights, though, are reportedly very good. Zx34me, I believe, had a huge topic going in this forum about them. You can see pictures, firsthand, of how they light up the road.

Also, you can make any light a Halo light pretty easily. I don't have the link at the moment, though. Using a standard supplies from home depot you can do literally the exact same effect. I'll get the link for you before you decide, it's a light, easy thing that even I could do.

·
Registered
705 Posts
^^^ Hey if you can find that link that would be awesome. Sound like it could be my next project.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Dispraiser said:
Also, you can make any light a Halo light pretty easily. I don't have the link at the moment, though. Using a standard supplies from home depot you can do literally the exact same effect. I'll get the link for you before you decide, it's a light, easy thing that even I could do.
I wanted that link, but the one scrammer provided is great for reference for anyone who has never seen that thread or has interest in those lights.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ok...I was under the impression that they were HID based only on the slight blue hue of the light. Thanks for the link to the bigger topic. I'll read through it now.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

This one picture is orgasmic enough to help me make up my mind. I WILL be getting these lights within the next month. That picture is wicked!

·
Registered
743 Posts
that is hot!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
FYI those look really nice however they are not a true HID. Those headlights are projector beams and the little dashes above the headlight are a strip of LED's. They also have "angel eyes" around the headlamp and bright's. It's a cheap alternative but there's no ballast box to fire up HID bulbs.

the Dirt Brown Kona in Arizona

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Mr. Bill, If you have the SVT HIDs, then you will have a different headlamp wiring harness. These projector lights come with the wiring harness that is used for the 'regular' focus headlamps. I would just like you to know that before you go ahead and purchase these.

If you don't have the SVT HIDs, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. These are great headlights by the way, I also have a set myself. Just a heads up though [thumb]

Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This may be a stupid question (I did search around on the forum), but are or can the yellow bulbs be wired as turn signals? I have the euro grill and I need to make sure that I have turn indicators. Or is it legal with just the bumber indicators?

Thanks,

Matt

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
In these headlights, there are city lights, turn signals, 4 LEDs, halos, and high/low beam. You could really wire the city lights, turn signals, leds and halos however you want. I don't believe that it would be legal to just run with the corner bumper lights though.

Cheers!

Edit: The 'yellow' lights you see in the picture above are the city lights. The turn signal is located directly below the city lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im currious as to how you wire up headlights because i just purchased some carbon fiber apc projector headlights from ebay that were used and they didnt include instructions on how to wire them. They have 2 bulbs for each headlight one for high and one for low. on my stock wiring harness coming from my car, theres a green/orange wire a green/white wire and a black. and on the harness that comes out of my new apc projector headlights theres a green wire a black wire and a white wire. if this is in anyway similar to yours i would greatly appreciate it if you could help me. im clueless how to wire them, so once again if you have any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Here is a pic to prove the home made project. Its still a work in progress though. Also the how-to given for these do not tell you half the crap you have to do in order to safely run these with good brightness, etc, etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts