Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 with HID, badly yellowed lenses on both

A month ago, a two by four jumped up and poked a hole in the right side, and now the HID doesn't work on that side either. I am guessing the bulb is out, but not sure how to check if its the bulb or ballast. High beam still works

After searching the forums I am on info over load.

Money is my main object, saving money. Obviously I need new lenses on both sides.

I have looked at the changing the lense thing by baking them off and I think I am too lazy.

So my idea is to by a set of aftermarket/junk yard standard headlights to replace them just to save money.

Questions are if I swap them for regular how much wiring would I have to change?

I really want to save money but if I have to change the wiring is that worth the hassle.

Somebody make up my mind for me please.

DAM

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
When you go to junk yard for standard halogen headlights, there will be a plug with 3 wires coming out the back of it. Cut that off and you will need to replace your HID harness with it. the black ground wire from the halogen lights will connect to the black wire in pin 6 of the HID wiring harness, and pins 1 and 2 in HID harness should color match pins 6 and 7 in halogen harness. Hope this helps and good luck. If you post pics I probably have the parts you need if you wanted to fix them

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my camera is kaput, but one lense is smashed (psgr) and both of them need to be replaced because they are beyond sanding /polishing

I appreciate your response

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
No problem. I have everything you need to do this i just upgraded my svt to that light set up. I still have my pigtails/headlamps and everthing from the halogen set up maybe we can work out a trade ware I send you everthing you need to do this swap + instructions in trade for your broken HID set pending pictures. PM me if interested

1 - 4 of 4 Posts