Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you head light preferences I want to upgrade from the stock on my 2012 SEL but not sure what to get I'd like all the bulbs to have the same kelvin color what do you guys like?

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Headlights or headlight bulbs? I went 4300k HIDs. I retrofit my headlights as well. The red is LEDs behind the projectors that I also retrofit

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I went Kensun 4300k HIDs

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts

5000K Morimoto Mini kit

If you use HID please for the safety of other drivers USE Projectors!

·
Registered
9,262 Posts

5000K Morimoto Mini kit

If you use HID please for the safety of other drivers USE Projectors!
I would say that safety has nothing to do with it. Yes sometimes they blind people, but I've never actually heard of someone crashing because of it. It's more of a "don't be a douche" thing.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
I would say that safety has nothing to do with it. Yes sometimes they blind people, but I've never actually heard of someone crashing because of it. It's more of a "don't be a douche" thing.
When I drive in rural roads (no lightning except the moon) I can assure you that I must turn my eyes off the road for awhile because of the friggin glare it produce with stock halogen reflector. Light is so badly diffused that even 100 feets away you get blindness after the guy pass you. (eye take times to recover)

Worse is when they also do the foglamps HID and running both...

In city lightnings its annoying like hell but not as dangerous as when you drive in rural road.

Seriously this should be enforced more by giving ticket for not having proper lighting done!

Moral: don't be a cheap ass and don't do cheap ebay hid bulb swap kit. Change headlights with projectors or do a retrofit.

PS: Are you saying,by your logic, that pointing laser into people eyes are ok because it don't kill them? (just a douche bag thing)

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
When I drive in rural roads (no lightning except the moon) I can assure you that I must turn my eyes off the road for awhile because of the friggin glare it produce with stock halogen reflector. Light is so badly diffused that even 100 feets away you get blindness after the guy pass you. (eye take times to recover)

Worse is when they also do the foglamps HID and running both...

In city lightnings its annoying like hell but not as dangerous as when you drive in rural road.

Seriously this should be enforced more by giving ticket for not having proper lighting done!

Moral: don't be a cheap ass and don't do cheap ebay hid bulb swap kit. Change headlights with projectors or do a retrofit.

PS: Are you saying,by your logic, that pointing laser into people eyes are ok because it don't kill them? (just a douche bag thing)
I'm saying that yes it is a douche thing, and I agree with most. But like I said, I've never heard of someone crashing because of someone's HIDs. Heck, my halogens were brighter than most HID in reflector housings. Most would flash me because of them so I went projectors. So what do you have to say about that?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm saying that yes it is a douche thing, and I agree with most. But like I said, I've never heard of someone crashing because of someone's HIDs. Heck, my halogens were brighter than most HID in reflector housings. Most would flash me because of them so I went projectors. So what do you have to say about that?

Lol how were halogens brighter than HIDs in reflectors? My halogens are laughable at best. Regardless of crashing it's rather annoying to be blinded by someone with HIDs in reflectors, some idiot driving with high beams on, or improperly leveled headlights (which maybe why your halogens seemed so "bright")

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Lol how were halogens brighter than HIDs in reflectors? My halogens are laughable at best. Regardless of crashing it's rather annoying to be blinded by someone with HIDs in reflectors, some idiot driving with high beams on, or improperly leveled headlights (which maybe why your halogens seemed so "bright")
They were the stock halogens on the focus. They have no adjustment whatsoever. These lights are just super bright. I've seen others here talk about how people flash them. I drove behind my girlfriend a few times with lows on a few times and she said she hated it because she thought my high beams were on. There are halogen bulbs that are brighter than some HID bulbs. I can assure you. I completely agree that it's annoying, but my question still stands, when has there ever been a person that has crashed because of some idiot using HIDs in reflective housings.

·
Registered
340 Posts
They were the stock halogens on the focus. They have no adjustment whatsoever. These lights are just super bright. I've seen others here talk about how people flash them. I drove behind my girlfriend a few times with lows on a few times and she said she hated it because she thought my high beams were on. There are halogen bulbs that are brighter than some HID bulbs. I can assure you. I completely agree that it's annoying, but my question still stands, when has there ever been a person that has crashed because of some idiot using HIDs in reflective housings.

I'm pretty sure you can adjust them up and down. But anyway regardless if anyone has crashed or not it's the incorrect thing to do and it's ridiculously annoying to be blinded like that even if for a few seconds. I still disagree about these lights. My xb led fogs are much brighter than my halogen headlights ever could've dreamed to be.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can adjust them up and down. But anyway regardless if anyone has crashed or not it's the incorrect thing to do and it's ridiculously annoying to be blinded like that even if for a few seconds. I still disagree about these lights. My xb led fogs are much brighter than my halogen headlights ever could've dreamed to be.
I agree it's incorrect. Just not as dangerous as people make them out to be. I went with projectors for a reason. I got tired of people flashing me with my halogens.

·
Registered
38 Posts
They were the stock halogens on the focus. They have no adjustment whatsoever.
There is a spot in the back of the headlight housing that you can turn with a philips head to adjust up or down to adjust the aim.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
There is a spot in the back of the headlight housing that you can turn with a philips head to adjust up or down to adjust the aim.
Not on mine. I have the US spec headlights. I have worked with them a lot and have had them open too. Trust me when I say there is no adjustment

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not on mine. I have the US spec headlights. I have worked with them a lot and have had them open too. Trust me when I say there is no adjustment
I literally just adjusted mine less than a week ago when I put Ti housings in lol. All US spec parts here as well.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I don't have Titanium housings

·
Registered
340 Posts

I'm pretty sure all focus headlights can be adjusted up and down. It even shows where in the manual. I adjusted mine the other day

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I'm pretty sure all focus headlights can be adjusted up and down. It even shows where in the manual. I adjusted mine the other day
I tried adjusting mine and there is literally no adjustment. Only a tab that either drops it (and it makes the housing all loose) or returns it back to the same height. There is no in between. I can assure you there is no adjustment in my US Spec chrome housing headlights.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts