Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Looking for something with a little more power (umph, if you will) in terms of low beams. Since I got the car (2012 Titanium Hatchback) I always found them a little lacking. I don't want/need anything overpowering or obnoxious. Once again I am looking for more power/brightness for down the road. I read many of the posts here but they all seem to refer to complicated DIY HID installs with a bunch of issues/complications afterwards. Any thoughs/options/recommendations/links to similar posts that I might have missed?

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I use the Philips Vision Plus H11 bulbs in my Focus. They reach out about 50 feet longer than a standard bulb, and have 25% greater beam width. They're a big improvement over the stock H11 bulbs.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
The only real improvement you'll find is by switching to H9 bulbs and modifying them to fit your H11 connectors. They offer more light, but have a reduced lifespan.

Otherwise you need to upgrade the headlights to HID/projectors.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
In America: Yes
in Germany: No (Problem with Police. Set too high, light dazzles other Drivers)

It's still a problem in America...it's not like Americans are born with light resistant eyes or something...

Do not raise them up beyond the DOT specifications. If they are set low then raise them to spec. If not, leave them where they are. Otherwise you blind other drivers and it's incredibly annoying and sometimes dangerous.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's still a problem in America...it's not like Americans are born with light resistant eyes or something...

Do not raise them up beyond the DOT specifications. If they are set low then raise them to spec. If not, leave them where they are. Otherwise you blind other drivers and it's incredibly annoying and sometimes dangerous.
You can also get a ticket for this, because I got cited years ago when I had a lowered truck and raised my headlights higher than what they should have been. The cop said it was like having my high beams on. 2.5 turns is a pretty big increase.

If you want good lights without blinding people get an HID kit. I put them on all my bikes and its a HUGE difference in lighting, especially with the brights!

·
Registered
340 Posts
You can also get a ticket for this, because I got cited years ago when I had a lowered truck and raised my headlights higher than what they should have been. The cop said it was like having my high beams on. 2.5 turns is a pretty big increase.

If you want good lights without blinding people get an HID kit. I put them on all my bikes and its a HUGE difference in lighting, especially with the brights!

HID kit with projectors because just an HIF kid will blind people as bad if not worse than incorrectly aimed headlights.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
There is an actual method to properly aiming your headlights that should be followed. Also haven't people had their glass rainbow from H9 bulbs?

·
Registered
94 Posts
When I am driving in Amerka car, I always amazed at the blinding headlights.
In the night some really blind much as when high beam would be turned on.

I come back this year (June) to America and I'm already looking forward to the blinding headlights and fog lights in perfect weather.[woot] [twothumbs]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts