Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best way to restore my headlight lenses on my lights they are beat up from road debris and other things hitting them. I am planning on putting my OEM lenses on my ebay lights

·
Registered
305 Posts
if your not scared to wet sand
work from a 1000grit>2000grit
after that some polish and laminex to protect it

·
Registered
536 Posts
1. i just did mine the other day and used mother's aluminum polish, and it worked really good. i polished them 3-4 times and they turned out great
2. another way that i found, is to use white toothpaste. just use a rag and rub the toothpaste around on the headlight. you may need to do this 3-4 times to get best results. since it's sorta gritty, it is similar to sanding.
3. and ive heard of lots of people buying a headlight restoration kit at auto zone, which supposedly works well. its just a little more expensive and time consuming that using aluminum polish or toothpast.

·
Registered
74 Posts
1. i just did mine the other day and used mother's aluminum polish, and it worked really good. i polished them 3-4 times and they turned out great
2. another way that i found, is to use white toothpaste. just use a rag and rub the toothpaste around on the headlight. you may need to do this 3-4 times to get best results. since it's sorta gritty, it is similar to sanding.
3. and ive heard of lots of people buying a headlight restoration kit at auto zone, which supposedly works well. its just a little more expensive and time consuming that using aluminum polish or toothpast.
I have done the mother's aluminum polish as well, but it does come back and you will have to do it again at least once every week or two

1 - 5 of 5 Posts