Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some SVT headlight replacements from CFM. Now there is a huge gap between the bottom of the headlights and the top of the bumper.

Has anyone ran into this and is there a fix?

There are slots that the tabs from the bottom of the headlight go into, I figure I might be able to file some of that plastic down to make is seat further.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Contact C-F-M

·
Registered
30 Posts
We just installed some Spec-D lights in my son's car. It seems there was a hold in the car and an alignment plastic piece sticking out of the headlight. When the alignment piece wasn't in the hole, it had a significant gap. I am not sure if this has anything to do with your problem but it might be worth a check.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Contacted cfm and they didn't have any advice. I'm gonna try and take it out tonight and compare the old and the new headlights. I'm also gonna take some measurements to compare the dimensions.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tab on the bottom, closest to the fender, on the original headlight looks like this

The tab on the new one from CFM looks like this

I filed the extra width down and it fits a little better. Still doesn't fit as well as the factory headlights. If I were to do it over I'd pay the extra money to find out if they still have OEM headlights. I'm going to be upset about the crappy fit of this for a while....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts