Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Focus and I've been having weird issues with my passenger headlight. For a while only my high beams would work for my passenger headlight, even with a new bulb. Then, only my dims worked for the passenger side. And every now and then my high beam would work, but for only two seconds at a time. Then, my dims sometimes wouldn't come on, but if I turned the lights off and on a few times they would work. Now, I have no dim, and my brights will come on for a few seconds at a time. I'm lost. Where do I start? A buddy suggested that the switch might need changed. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have an 08 Focus and I've been having weird issues with my passenger headlight. For a while only my high beams would work for my passenger headlight, even with a new bulb. Then, only my dims worked for the passenger side. And every now and then my high beam would work, but for only two seconds at a time. Then, my dims sometimes wouldn't come on, but if I turned the lights off and on a few times they would work. Now, I have no dim, and my brights will come on for a few seconds at a time. I'm lost. Where do I start? A buddy suggested that the switch might need changed. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Follow the wire loom under the hood and look for any damage to it or the connectors to the light bulb. Test with a volt/ohm meter to confirm the functionality or non function of the high/ low beam on the passenger side, go from there and then to the light switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts