Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm new member on this forum, but I've used it's discussion boards to help with issues I've had in the past. Unfortunately, I can't find a thread that pertains to the issue I'm having now....

I have a 2002 SVT and a recent development with the driver side headlight has me stumped. I noticed that the strip of LED accent lights across the top of the fixture and the two smaller bulbs (stacked vertically on the outside edge) went out, but my high and low beams still worked so I wasn't too worried and figured I'd get to it when I could. However, a few days later the low and high beams went REALLY dim and the two vertical bulbs on the outside edge came back on though they were very dim as well. The LEDs across the top are still out.

I've checked the connector and the individual wiring and nothing is loose and the grounds seem to be okay. The fuses are fine as well. I'm hoping it's an issue with the relays or something simple/inexpensive. Has anybody else encountered this before? Any ideas as to what it might be?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Strip" may have been the incorrect word to use. It's a row of small LEDs that plug into the assembly. I've found a pic of a similar assembly (I don't have the "halo" version) and circled the LEDs I'm speaking of.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,173 Posts
Wiring issue peculiar to that specific headlight assembly, nothing here (OEM) to help, you gotta sort that assembly out there............

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
You definitely have aftermarket headlights which are typically lower quality than OEM products. Your issue could be a lot of thing but my first guess is your getting a bad ground or a wiring issue. You've said you already checked all the wires and stuff outside the lights, so most likely, you'll need start looking at wires inside the light.

Or better yet, bump these headlights and get yourself a set of Mach headlights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts