Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have this annoying issue. So, I have a 2013 Focus Titanium and for some reason only my passenger side headlight is working. I'm pretty mechanically inclined so the first thing I did was attempt to change the bulb. I didn't see anything wrong with the bulb when I looked at it and changed it anyway. This, of course, didn't fix the issue. I got the car home and decided to see if my connections were good and everything looked fine. I'm horrible when it comes to electrical so maybe I missed something but I looked for loose connections, frayed or damaged wires, corrosion, etc. Everything looked good. I took the bulb from one side and swapped it with the other side and I know that the issue is just on the driver side.

Now, all this being said I did notice when checking everything my son turned the car on and the bulb turned on for a millisecond then shut off. I grabbed a meter and decided to see if I was getting enough voltage to the connector. I checked the good side first (passenger) and that read 13.3 volts. This is where I'm stumped, I checked the driver side and it also read 13.3 volts UNTIL I TURNED THE CAR ON, then it dropped to 1.7 volts. It's probably worth mentioning that the bulb that goes in there is a halogen H11 bulb. I'm pretty sure they aren't HID, so I don't think that I have a ballast. Maybe I do I'm not sure.

Honestly, I don't know what the issue could be. Maybe I'm overthinking it and just frustrated but any help anyone can give or suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts